Monitor completely independent SDI video sources on HD or Ultra HD displays with the Blackmagic MultiView 16. Full frame re-synchronization on every input lets you monitor any SD, HD, and Ultra HD formats and frame rates all at once on one display. Multi view monitoring is a perfect solution in large control rooms, live multi camera production, and when there isn’t room for multiple monitors.
The MultiView 16 is built for larger installations, letting you simultaneously view up to 16 sources. Connect SD, HD, or Ultra HD sources to the 16 independent 6G-SDI inputs. View output at 2x2, 3x3, or 4x4 grid, or SOLO any source full screen. Adjust settings, route sources to different views, and add overlays from the front panel’s router style controls, LCD, and spin knob.
With MultiView 16, you can see all your video sources without connecting multiple monitors and dozens of cables. Simply plug your cameras, decks, switchers, and routers into the SDI connections.
Get 16 independent monitors in one with full-frame re-synchronization. Every input can take a different video standard and frame rate from referenced or non-referenced NTSC, PAL, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and Ultra HD up to 2160p30.
The MultiView 16 offers maximum compatibility with your existing equipment. Compatible with HD and Ultra HD displays, the MultiView 16 also has SDI and HDMI outputs to connect to televisions, video projectors, broadcast monitors, and more. SDI inputs detect and automatically re-sync SD and HD formats. When viewing in Ultra HD on a 2x2 grid, each view is at 1920x1080 HD resolution with no scaling.
Emulating a Blackmagic Videohub router makes the MultiView 16 fully compatible with all external Videohub software and hardware control panels for routing any inputs onto any monitoring views.
Advanced monitoring tools such as custom labels, audio meters, and tally indicators can be displayed with your video. Choose which audio source gets routed to the video output. Anamorphic support is provided in standard definition, letting you view 16 x 9 anamorphic video sources in widescreen.
Note: IEC power cable is not included.
Blackmagic Design MultiView 16 Features
- Power supply not included - requires IEC cable
- Monitor multiple SDI sources on an HD or Ultra HD display or TV
- Multi rate SDI connections
- Well-suited for studio or live use
- Full frame re-synchronization
- Custom labels
- Audio meters
- Can be daisy chained
- Can be controlled from included software utility on Mac or Windows
- View output at 2x2, 3x3, or 4x4 grid
- Front panel has router style controls, LCD, and spin knob
- Blackmagic MultiView 161
- Welcome wallet with QR code for software download1
- 12 month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty1
- SDI Video Inputs: 16 x 10-bit SD-SDI, HD-SDI and 6G‑SDI
- SDI Video Outputs: 16 x 10-bit SD-SDI, HD-SDI and 6G‑SDI
- SDI Rates: 270Mb, 1.5G, 3G, 6G
- SDI Video Multi View Outputs: 2 x 10-bit HD-SDI, 2 x 10 bit 6G‑SDI
- HDMI Video Multi View Outputs: 1 x HDMI type A connector. Output supports EDID of the monitor
- SDI Reclocking: On all SDI outputs, auto switching between standard definition, high definition or 6G‑SDI video
- Reference Input: Black Burst and Tri-Sync for SD, HD and 4K
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of SD, HD or 6G‑SDI. Simultaneous viewing of 4K, HD and SD video.
- Updates: USB 2.0 high speed (480Mb/s) interface or via Ethernet
- Configuration: Via front panel LCD or use either RJ45 Ethernet or USB 2.0 for firmware updates and IP address setting
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Video Standards: 2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p, 2K DCI 23.98PsF, 2K DCI 24PsF, 2K DCI 25PsF
- Ultra HD Video Standards: 2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30
- 4K Video Standards: 4K DCI 24p
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M-B, ITU‑R BT.656 and ITU‑R BT.601
- Audio Meters: Each view, VU standard
- Source Routing: Yes
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48kHz and 24-bit
- SDI Color Precision: 10-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Color Space: YUV or RGB for inputs, YUV for outputs.
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD-SDI, HD-SDI, and 6G‑SDI on each input so that each input can be running a different television standard
- SDI Metadata Support: Video payload identification ancillary data as per SMPTE 352M
- Built in Control Panel
- 16 buttons for local control of source routing with 5 buttons and scroll wheel for menu control. 2.2 inch color display.
- External Control Panel: Includes Blackmagic Videohub software control panel for Mac OS and Windows for routing sources to views. Supports Blackmagic Smart Control and Blackmagic Master Control hardware panels. Includes Blackmagic Videohub SDK and Ethernet Videohub Control Protocol.
- RS-422 Control: RJ9 for external control
- DisplayBuilt in 1.5 inch LCD for menu settings
- Software Control: MultiView software included free for Windows™ and Mac™
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included updater application
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina
- Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later
- Windows 10, 64-bit
- Physical Installation1 rack unit size. Less than 6 inch deep
- Power Requirements
- Power Supply: IEC power cable required, 100 - 240V AC input
- Power Fail Protection: MultiView 16 settings preserved and restored instantly at power on
- Power Consumption: 45 Watts
- Physical Specifications
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.74 x 18.97 x 6.03 inches
- Weight: 5.07 lbs
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non‑condensing