Get up close and personal with your percussion miking with the PGA56 Cardioid Dynamic Snare / Tom Microphone from Shure. This mic is ideal for close miking of snares and tom drums live on stage or in the recording studio. Its industrial design boasts a black metallic finish and grille, allowing it to visually blend into any environment. Its flat-response cartridge is precision-engineered for clear reproductions of your sound source, while its cardioid polar pattern efficiently “aims” at the desired sound source while minimizing pickup of unwanted noise from the back and sides.
The PGA56 comes with a drum mount (for quick attachment to drum rims without the need for a separate mic stand), and with a swivel joint with a quick release latch, which allows for quick and easy positioning of the microphone. Also included in the box is a zippered pouch for safe transport and secure storage. PGA56-LC model does not include a cable. PGA56-XLR model includes a XLR to XLR cable.
More about Shure’s PG Alta Series
The PG ALTA™ (PGA) series of microphones from Shure offers an affordable solution for entry-level or budget-conscious users who need professional-caliber performance. Whether you’re capturing audio live or in a studio, PGA mics are ideal for capturing reliable, accurate audio from nearly any sound source, including vocals, acoustic instruments, drums, and amplified electronic instruments. Designed and constructed with the utmost care, PGA mics are made to last, and are built according to the stringent quality and testing standards of all Shure products.
Shure PGA56 Features
- Flat-response microphone cartridge design for clear reproduction of sound source
- Swivel joint with quick release latch with a design similar to bicycle component-locking technology for extremely quick and easy positioning.
- Cardioid polar pattern picks up audio from the source while rejecting unwanted noise
- Updated industrial design with black metallic finish and grille for unobtrusive visual presence
- Drum mount included for quick attachment to drum rims, no additional mic stand required
- Zipper pouch included for additional protection during storage or transport
- Great for snare and toms
- PGA56 cardioid dynamic snare/tom microphone1
- Swivel joint with quick release latch1
- Zipper pouch1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response50 Hz - 15 kHz
- Output Impedance200 ohms
- Sensitivity-57 dBV/Pa (1.75 mV)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Weight10.12 oz