Allen & Heath’s ZED-18 Multipurpose USB Mixer is a compact, versatile mixer that’s easy to rack-mount into any audio setup, while its portability makes it the ideal choice for small bands taking their music mobile. With 10 mono channels, 3 stereo channels, swept semi-parametric EQ, Duopre amps, and more, the ZED-18 delivers the tools musicians, venues, and hire companies need to ensure professional sound quality.
Built into the ZED-18 is a responsive 3-band, swept mid-frequency EQ design at uses MusiQ. Its optimized slope (Q factor) allows you to precision-equalize individual instruments in your band.
The ZED-18 comes with DuoPre pre-amplifiers that use a 2-stage design and carefully controlled gain in each stage. These preamps boast a gain range of 69dB and reliably-even gain control when amplifying a signal from the mixer’s XLR input. Most of the gain comes from the first stage, which keeps unwanted noise to a minimum. Plug line level signals into the preamp’s second stage using the line input jack socket, which results in less noise when using line input or when matching a higher input impedance.
The ZED-18 comes with configurable USB audio inputs and outputs. No need to install external soundcards—just plug in a USB lead and select USB routing on the mixer to get started right away at your recording. This feature gives you CD-quality audio to and from your Mac or PC, while switches and connections via the mixer’s jack socket terminals offer a variety of send/return options. Rounding out the ZED-18’s connectivity options are 2 stereo inputs for MP3/CD players or keyboards, as well as professional XLR stereo outputs and a versatile monitoring section that lets you plug in headphones and/or speakers.
Allen & Heath ZED-18 Features
- 10 mono channels
- Neutrik mic XLR
- Neutrik ¼ inch jacks
- Channel insert
- Super wide gain 'DuoPre' mic line input
- 3 band EQ with MusiQ
- 4 auxes
- Illuminated mute
- Sound image pan
- Illuminated PFL & peak warning indicator
- ALPS 100mm faders
- 4 stereo channels with 2-band EQ
- Stereo returns & playback
- All inputs with level control
- 12 bar meters
- Mono/stereo function on auxes 1&2
- Monitor output section
- Alt stereo output source
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Global +48V phantom power
- Rack ears available
- ZED-18 Multipurpose USB Mixer1
- Mains Lead1
- Type A-B USB Lead1
- One Year Manufacturer Warranty1
- Operating Levels
- Mono channel (XLR) Input: +6 to –63dBu for nominal (+17dBu in max)
- Mono channel Line Input (Jack socket): +10 to –26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- Insert point (TRS Jack socket): 0dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- Stereo Input (Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Stereo input (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- L, R & Mono Outputs (L&R XLR, Mono Jack): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Aux Outputs (Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Alt Outputs (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Rec Outputs (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Frequency Response
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 0dB gain 1kHz +10dBu out: 0.004%
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain 1kHz: 0.014%
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain 0dBu 1kHz: 0.005%
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain +10dBu 1kHz: 0.003%
- Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu): 21dB
- USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu): 14dB
- USB Audio CODEC (Coder/Decoder)
- USB Audio In/Out: USB 1.1 compliant 16bit.
- Sample Rate: 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
- Mic Pre EIN @ max gain 150R input Z 22-22kHz: -127dBu
- Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, 22-22kHz ZED-14: -88dBu
- Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, 22-22kHz ZED-18: -86dBu
- Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, 22-22kHz ZED-24: -84dBu