Expand your sound system with the GX4816 Portable GX Expander from Allen & Heath. This audio expander has a sampling rate of 96kHz. The GX4816 delivers high-input-count remote expansion for SQ, Avantis, and dLive mixing systems, as well as for the AHM-64 audio matrix processor.
Each GX4816 offers 48 remote-controlled dLive mic/line preamps (with independently-configured Phantom Power LED indicators per each input socket), 16 XLR line outputs. In addition, it comes with 2 DX ports. Use the DX ports to add up to 4 DX expanders to get even more I/O connectivity. Alternatively, when using an SQ or Avantis system, you can plug in an ME personal mixing system to the DX2 socket.
Use a single Cat5e cable to connect the GX4816 to an SLink socket on an SQ, Avantis, or AHM-64, or a gigaACE audio network card on a dLive system. Designed specifically to fit a 19” rack, the GX4816 occupies 5U of rack space. Its plastic feet are removable for easy installation, while its rack ears can be detached for easier shelf or floor placement.
The GX4816 portable GX expander comes with EtherCon connectors. One EtherCon connector transports digital audio and control signals to and from your mixing system, while two more connectors are built-in so you have the option to expand your setup with compatible Allen & Heath remote audio devices (sold separately).
Ethernet protocols control the remote preamp, and all mic preamps are recallable by the digital mixing system. The GX4816 comes with automatic firmware updates. It also comes with a built-in power supply that accepts AC mains voltages of 100~240V, 50/60 Hz, 80W max via an earthed 3-pin IEC male connector on the front panel.
Allen & Heath GX4816 Features
- 48 Mic Preamps on XLR with Phantom Power status LEDs
- 16 XLR Line Outs
- 96kHz operation
- DX1 Port - compatible with a single DX32, or up to 2 DX168/DX164-W expanders
- DX2/ME Port - compatible with a single DX32, up to 2 DX168/DX164-W expanders, or a ME personal monitoring system (not compatible with AHM-64).
- Compatible with SQ, Avantis, AHM-64 and dLive (firmware 1.9 onwards) systems
- Multiple GX4816 can be added to a system
- Rack-mounted (5u) or shelf/floor operation
- Plug and Play - no IP addressing required
- Compatible with CAT5e (or higher) cables of up to 100m
- Locking EtherCon ports
- GX4816 Portable GX Expander1
- One Year Limited Warranty1
- Mic/Line XLR Inputs: Balanced XLR, +48V phantom power
- Mic/Line Preamp: Fully recallable
- Input Sensitivity: -60 to +15dBu
- Analogue Gain: +5 to +60dB, 1dB steps
- Pad: -20dB Active PAD
- Maximum Input Level: +30dBu (PAD in)
- Input Impedance: >4kΩ (Pad out), >10kΩ (Pad in)
- Mic EIN: -127dB with 150Ω source
- Phantom Power Indication: Per socket, internal or external phantom power sensing, triggered at 24V
- Mains Voltage Operating Range: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz
- Mains Power Consumption: 80W max
- Analog XLR Outputs: Balanced, Relay protected
- Output Impedance: <75Ω
- Nominal Output: +4dBu = 0dB meter reading
- Maximum Output Level: +21dBu
- Residual Output Noise: -95dBu (muted, 22Hz-22kHz)
- Operating Temperature Range0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Dimensions and Weights (W x D x H)
- Unboxed: 18.9 x 10 x 9 inches, 17.6 lbs (481.6 x 255 x 229.5 mm, 8kg)
- Boxed: 22 x 15.2 x 12.2 inches, 22 lbs (560 x 385 x 310 mm, 10kg)