Complex network switch setup can now be accomplished easily by anyone thanks to Yamaha’s SWP2 series L2 Gigabit Dante switches. Designed specifically for sound installation and live sound networking, the SWP2 offers several advantages and conveniences that cannot be found in other network switch configurations. One switch setting optimizes SWP2 series network switches for Dante operation, and the dedicated computer app Yamaha LAN Monitor delivers “network visibility” for throughout monitoring and control. Support for 10 gigabit allows operation without problems from insufficient bandwidth, even on a Dante network set to a sampling frequency of 96kHz.
SWP2 series switches include three VLAN presets that can be easily selected via a DIP switch. This gives your network the ability to efficiently handle multiple services simultaneously while lowering the chance of interference and problems. Normally this setup requires some IT expertise, but with the VLAN preset types, it’s as easy as the press of a button.
Effective Dante network management relies on parameters like network traffic, switch status, and individual Dante device information. When used with SWP1 switches, the Yamaha LAN Monitor application offers a comprehensive single-screen view of all necessary parameters. Even better, you can take a screenshot of normal network status and set an alarm that warns you if any parameter changes.
SWP2 switches keep the show going with reliable etherCON connectors that are directly compatible with etherCON connectors on CL/QL series and other Dante-capable devices. Power supply redundancy is supplied in the form of an XLR-4-32 type EXT DC INPUT connector plus the standard AC connector.
Yamaha SWP2-10MMF Features
- 10 etherCON connectors (4 front, 6 rear)
- 2 opticalCON connectors
- In-build RADIUS server for advanced security management
- DIP switch Dante optimization
- 3 preset VLAN types
- Power supply redundancy
- Network visibility
- SWP2-10MMF L2 switch1
- LAN ports10
- SFP+ ports2
- Console port1 (RJ-45)
- DIP switchesCONFIG, VLAN PRESET
- Power supply (AC IN inlet)AC100V-240V, 50/60Hz, internal power supply (no power switch), locking type power supply inlet
- Power supply (EXT DC INPUT inlet)24VDC +/-2V, 0.78A, XLR 4-32 type connector
- Max power consumption21W, 0.35A
- Heat dissipation18.5kcal/h
- Operating temperature32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Dimensions (WxHxD)18.9" x 1.7" x 14.2"
- Weight9.9 pounds (4.5 kg)