The Earthworks Reference Series measurement microphones are a significant offering to the world of acoustic measurements. Historically, measurement microphone manufacturers have only been able to match microphones to within 2 or 3dB of each other.
If you purchased a number of matched microphones and wanted to add more, you would need to send one of your microphones back to the manufacturer to match it to additional new mic(s). Earthworks proprietary technologies have always allowed matching microphones with much tighter tolerances (within 1dB or less).
Each Reference Series measurement microphone is manufactured to within Â± 0.5dB of each other in frequency response and sensitivity. This ensures that any microphone in the series will be matched to all others now and forever while also eliminating the need for ECFs (Electronic Calibration Files) in most cases.
Earthworks M23R Features
- All Reference Series Microphones are matched within Â± 0.5dB of each other in Frequency Response & Sensitivity
- Meets or Exceeds Type 1 Specifications
- 140dB SPL Max Acoustic Input
- Exceptionally Uniform Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
- Ideal for SMAART™, Meyer SIM™, MLSSA™, Spectrafoo™, TEF™, RTA and all Audio Band Measurements
- Requires 24-48V Phantom Power
- Operating Temp Range: -4° F to 140° F (-20° C to +60° C)