The EWI5000 from Akai Professional is an innovative electronic wind instrument that combines effortless connectivity and a massive sound library to give you ultimate freedom of expression and performance. With 2.4GHz low-latency wireless connectivity, this instrument supports stereo wireless audio and includes a receiver for instant mobility for musicians, whether you’re on the stage or in the studio. For instances where you need to integrate additional external performance and/or production hardware or software, the EWI5000 also supports wired audio and MIDI connections.
Adjust parameters on the fly with eight precision dials that allow you to fine-tune instruments and effects. The EWI5000’s ultra-responsive mouthpiece includes an air-pressure level sensor and bite sensor, enabling precise control over volume and pitch dynamics. The instrument’s interface can be switched to flute, oboe, and saxophone fingering modes, and includes an electronic valve instrument (EVI) mode to accommodate brass musicians.
Customize your sound using the EWI5000’s vast selection of instruments and sound effects. Premium software designed by SONiVOX includes over 3GB of high-quality sounds, including virtual instruments from traditional orchestral sounds (including horn, brass, and woodwind) and non-traditional sounds (such as progressive synths, basses, and leads).
Use a USB connection to manipulate the EWI5000’s library from your Mac or PC, and store edits directly on your instrument for a customized library ready to use wherever and whenever you perform. The EWI5000 also includes a customer Sound Editor software platform that allows you to manipulate the EWI5000’s sound library on a Mac or PC. Once connected, call up any instrument in your library to your computer, then personalize it using the filter, two LFOs, pan knob, tune control, and multiple envelopes. This feature lets you save your edits directly on your instrument for a personalized sound library that’s ready for whenever you need it during a performance.
Akai EWI5000 Features
- Authentic wind-instrument performance and response with next-generation music technology
- Wireless stereo audio for onstage freedom (receiver included)
- 3GB of onboard, world-class acoustic and synth sounds created by SONiVOX
- Up to 6 hours of play time using the rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charging adapter included)
- 8 precision dials for quickly tweaking instrument and effect parameters
- USB port for USB-MIDI connection and battery recharging
- 1/4" audio output and 1/8" headphone output
- EWI5000 Wireless Electronic Wind Instrument1
- USB Cable1
- Wall Adapter1
- Mouthpiece Air-pressure level sensor and bite sensor
- Note Keys 13 touch sensors
- Controls 8 instrument and effect precision dials
- Octave Rollers 6 mobile, 2 fixed touch sensors (8-octave range)
- Plates 2 pitch-bend, 2 ground
- Inputs / Outputs (1) USB port, (1) 5-pin DIN MIDI output, (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS line output, (1) 1/8" (3.5mm) TRS headphone output
- MIDI Connectivity USB-MIDI and 5-Pin MIDI ouput
- Wireless Connectivity Stereo Wireless Audio (2.4GHz)
- Power Rechargeable lithium-ion battery charged via USB port (charges with included USB cable or wall adapter)
- Sound Library 3GB of acoustic and synth sounds developed by SONiVOX
- Dimensions 2.4x26.6x1.7"
- Weight 1.98 lb
- Wireless Reciever Dimensions and Weight:
- Dimensions: 2.4x4.8x3.6"
- Weight: 0.29 lbs