Zoom’s PodTrak series was designed to be the ultimate in podcast recording gear. The PodTrak P4 offers a compact and affordable solution packed with features to create high-quality audio whether you’re recording from your home studio or on location.
Microphone inputs use high-quality preamps, helping achieve professional sound with whatever mic you connect. These inputs provide up to 70dB of gain, so they are prepared to handle even the most demanding microphones. Four microphone inputs support up to four people, such as the host and three guests.
Guests can’t always be in the room with you, but remote interviewing is just as easy as in-person when you use the P4. All you have to do is connect your phone or computer to the P4 via USB and start recording. Use the BTA-2 Bluetooth Receiver (sold separately) to connect wirelessly. You won’t have to worry about echo or feedback with remote guests either: the P4 has a built-in mix-minus feature that automatically removes echo and feedback.
Instantly play music, ads, jingles, or pre-recorded interviews with the touch of a button on the P4. There are 11 pre-recorded presets to choose from, and room to load your own sounds.
The P4 can run for up to three hours using two AA batteries. If you know you tend to have longer recording sessions, a USB battery can also be used.
Live stream your podcast or record directly to your computer by repurposing the P4 as a 2-in/2-out audio interface.
However you record your podcast, the PodTrak P4 is ready for it.
Zoom PodTrak P4 Features
- Four mic inputs with XLR connectors
- Four headphone outputs with individual volume control
- Gain control knobs and mute buttons for each input
- Phantom power for all XLR inputs
- Automatically prevent feedback from call audio using the Mix-Minus function
- Easily connect your phone using the TRRS connection
- Trigger sound effects using four assignable Sound Pads with 11preset sounds
- All input sources can be recorded on separate tracks
- 16-bit /44.1kHz audio WAV
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512 GB
- 2-input, 2-output USB audio interface
- Class-compliant mode for iOS compatibility
- Up to four hours of use with just two AA batteries or a USB power supply
- PodTrak P4 podcast recorder1
- AA batteries2
- Input channels4 (mono/stereo)
- Output channels1 (headphone x 4)
- Mic: XLR jacks (2:HOT)
- Smartphone connection jack: TRRS mini jack (4 contacts, TIP: L, RING1: R,RING2: GND, SLEEVE: MIC)
- USB: USB Type-C (use a USB cable that supports data transfer)
- DC 5 V: USB Type-C (for power supply)
- Headphones: 3.5mm stereo mini
- Recorder formatsWAV 44.1 kHz, 16-bit, mono/stereo
- Recording media4 GB−32 GB SDHC-compliant cards (Class 10 or higher); 64 GB−512 GB SDXC-compliant cards (Class 10 or higher)
- Audio interface44.1 kHz, 16-bit, 2-in/2-out
- Power2 AA batteries OR AC adapter (Zoom AD-17) OR USB bus power
- Dimensions (WxDxH)4.41" x 6.1" x 1.85"
- Weight10.23 oz (290 g)