Zoom’s PodTrak series was designed to be the ultimate in podcast recording gear. The PodTrak P8 offers a complete podcast studio, able to record, edit, and mix all in one device.
The P8 gives you sound mixing power and the tools to use it. Mic Preamp Slider lets you dial in level or gain for each mic. Visual display paired with the slider labels signal peaks, making it easy to identify when your signal is in “Good Range.” Prevent distortion and keep signal peak out of the “Over Range” using the slider or the Limiter.
Background noise is minimal in your recordings: Low Cut minimizes the everyday low-frequency noises, such as air conditioning, street sounds, and vibrations, while Noise Reduction automatically lowers mic levels in loud environments. Sound great with Tone Adjustment and Compressor/DeEsser tools. Tone Adjustment brightens or darkens your voice, and the Compressor/DeEsser gives your voice the presence of a studio recording.
Microphone inputs use high-quality preamps, helping achieve professional sound with whatever mic you connect. These six inputs provide up to 70dB of gain, so they are prepared to handle even the most demanding microphones. Six headphone outputs are available, so all guests hear clearly.
Guests can’t always be in the room with you, but remote interviewing is easy and high-quality with the dedicated channel (channel 6) specifically for call-in guests. Use with your phone or switch to USB mode and connect to your computer to record guests video calling in. Mix-minus on this channel automatically removes echo and feedback, ensuring call-in audio quality doesn’t suffer from the other tools being used.
Instantly play sound effects, music, pre-recorded interviews, and more using the nine multi-colored sound pads. These access 13 pre-loaded sounds and have room to load your own.
Disabling the ON AIR button adds a helpful feature for side conversations you don’t want to record. With this button, disabled tracks won’t be recorded or distributed through speakers or USB, but you’ll still hear them through your headphones.
Zoom PodTrak P8 Features
- 4.3" color LCD touchscreen display
- Record up to 13 tracks simultaneously
- Six mic inputs with XLR connectors and optional phantom power
- Individual volume sliders, mute buttons and “on air” indicators for each channel
- Dedicated channel for recording remote interviews
- Mix-Minus function automatically prevents echo and feedback from callers phone
- Nine assignable Sound Pads with four banks
- Color coding makes fast adjustments easy
- 13 pre-loaded sounds including applause, laugh track and more
- Six headphone outputs with individual volume controls let everyone hear clearly
- Onboard editing
- 2-input, 2-output USB audio interface
- Class-compliant mode for iOS compatibility
- Battery power provides up to two hours of use with four AA batteries
- Up to two hours of use with four AA batteries or use the included AD-14 AC power adapter
- Live stream or record directly to your computer from the USB-C port
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- 16-bit /44.1kHz audio in WAV format
- Optional BTA-2 Bluetooth Adapter enables wireless call recording
- PodTrak P8 podcast recorder1
- AD-14 AC adapter1
- Input channels6 mono mic inputs, 1 stereo smartphone input
- Output channels2 (6 headphones and L/R speaker outputs)
- Connector: XLR jacks (2:HOT)
- Input gain: 0 to 70 dB
- Input impedance: 3 kΩ (XLR)
- Max input level: +5 dBu (@0dBFS)
- Smartphone connection jack
- Type: TRRS mini jack (4 contacts, TIP: L, RING 1: R, RING 2: GND, SLEEVE: MIC)
- Input impedance: 3 kΩ
- Max input level: +2.5dBu
- Connector: 3.5mm stereo mini
- Max output level: 20 mW + 20 mW @32 Ω
- Output impedance: 27Ω
- Speaker output
- Type: TRS jacks (balanced)
- Max output level: +5.5dBu
- Output impedance: 320 Ω
- Recording media
- 4-32 GB cards compatible with the SDHC specification (class 10 or higher)
- 64-512 GB cards compatible with the SDXC specification (class 10 or higher)
- Audio interface44.1kHz, 16-bit, 6 in / 2 out
- Frequency response-1.0 dB: 20 Hz ～ 20 kHz @44.1 kHz
- EIN-124 dBu (IHF-A) @+70 dB, 150 Ω input
- Display4.3" (480x272) full-color touchscreen LCD
- Power supply4 AA batteries OR AC adapter (Zoom AD-14) OR USB bus power
- Dimensions (WxDxH)11.61" x 9.76" x 2.4"
- Weight3.15 pounds (1.43 kg)