The Smallest NDI on the Planet.
4K NDI in an incredibly small package. Flex delivers everything you have come to expect from BirdDog’s one cable solution including Tally, Audio, Video, PTZ Control, Audio Intercom and Power along a single Ethernet cable. With 3 models to choose from in the Flex Family, Flex is perfect for all your workflow needs.
Small is the New Big.
With a footprint only slightly larger than a credit card, Flex are the world’s smallest 4K NDI Encoders and Decoders. Because sometimes the biggest things are also the smallest.
One Cable to Rule Them All. Now with added power.
BirdDog’s revolutionary Studio NDI gave the world NDI, Power, Video, Audio, Tally, and Audio Intercom all down a single Ethernet cable. Flex 4K IN and Flex 4K BACKPACK take it one step even further and provides an additional 15w extra power allowing you to use the DC output to power your monitor, recorder, or even your camera.
Cool touch thermals.
Sometimes the biggest features are also the least obvious. Flex 4K NDI has unmatched thermal design and whisper quiet fans to keep Flex cool and fresh even on the hottest days and in direct sunlight.
Halo Tally. It just works.
Flex’s revolutionary Halo Tally system is built right into the Flex Family and requires zero configuration when connected with any NDI enabled, software based, production system. The Halo Tally is designed to be seen by the camera operators as well as the on-air talent.
Adaptive bit rate. Slide your way to glory.
Full NDI® is a variable bit rate codec. In normal circumstances BirdDog recommends allowing around 140Mbps in HD, or 6 streams per 1GbE cable with some headroom. In 4K it is recommended to allow around 300Mbps or 3 streams with some headroom to allow for any unforeseen spikes.
The Ultimate PTZ Sidekick.
If you aren't lucky enough to own a BirdDog PTZ camera with Full NDI natively then Flex can become the ultimate sidekick. Plug your PTZ camera into Flex via HDMI, attach the optional BirdDog PTZ control cable for full PTZ pass through control. This makes Flex the perfect upgrade for your PTZ camera while waiting for Santa to bring you a Full NDI BirdDog PTZ.
BirdDog Flex 4K OUT NDI Decoder Features
- Tally, Audio, Video, PTZ Control, Audio Intercom and Power along a single Ethernet cable
- Perfect for all your workflow needs.
- Unmatched thermal design
- Whisper-quiet fans keep Flex cool and fresh even on the hottest days and in direct sunlight.
- Built-in Halo Tally system requires zero configuration when connected with any NDI enabled, software based, production system
- Variable bit rate codec
- Flex 4K OUT NDI Decoder1
- SUPPORTED VIDEO FORMAT
- UHD 2160p: 25.00, 29.97, 30.00
- HD 1080p: 25.00, 29.97, 30.00, 50.00, 59.94, 60.00
- HD 1080i: 50.00, 59.94
- HD 720p: 50.00, 59.94, 60.00
- VIDEO I/O CONNECTIVITY
- HDMI 2.0 Input: No
- HDMI 2.0 Output: Yes
- AUDIO INPUT
- HDMI: NA
- 3.5mm AUDIO: Microphone/line input
- AUDIO OUTPUT
- HDMI: 2Ch, 48kHz
- 3.5mm AUDIO: Stereo Headphone/line output
- VIDEO CODEC SUPPORTNDI (Full bandwidth i-frame compression)
- TALLY Integrated Tricolour Halo Tally
- PTZ CONTROL 2.5mm 4-pole RS232 (VISCA)
- NETWORK CONNECTIVITY
- Ethernet RJ45 1000baseT w/integrated PoE (Power over Ethernet): Yes
- Embedded Web configuration Panel: Yes
- PoE (Power over Ethernet): PoE+ 802.3at
- DC Input: DC 12v (30w max)
- DC Output: No
- NP style Battery Output: No