The LX7-II combines the essential Soundcraft live mixer qualities with basic recording-oriented features, in a compact frame that’s light enough for one person to carry yet easy to configure and use. This makes it especially suitable for multi-purpose use in venues such as small halls and community centres, while its direct channel outputs make the LX7-II an ideal choice for bands who need a live desk that can double up in the studio.
Housed in a choice of 16, 24 or 32 channel frame, LX7-II provides 24, 32 or 40 inputs - with no less than 13 separate bus outputs including mix, 4 groups, a dedicated mono bus for centre speaker clusters, side or rear fills, and six auxiliary busses.
There are also 8, 16 or 24 direct outs, depending on the frame size of your console.
LX7-II’s balanced mic inputs all use Soundcraft new GB30 padless mic preamp providing 60dB of gain and 22dBu of headroom. Each input also includes 4 band EQ with two swept mid frequency controls. In addition, EQ In/Out switch and steep 18dB/Octave High Pass Filter, allow effective audio control in difficult venues whilst the six auxiliary sends are pre-post switchable in pairs from each channel, providing a maximum of 4 pre-fader and six post-fader. This makes LX7-II equally applicable for foldback - heavy performance or in situations where more effects are required.
LX7-II groups section houses two further stereo inputs - with EQ, auxiliaries for keyboards or stereo recording devices - as well as two FX returns. All four groups are routable to mix and include 12 segment bargraph metering for accurate monitoring and inserts. Six auxiliary masters on rotary controls also included AFL soloing.
In the master section there is talkback provision to all pre-fade auxiliaries and the mix. Phantom power in banks of four, and a two track return for pre-show music are also present. A “two-track” to mix switch allows the engineer to play CD’s over the main PA whilst back-stage set-up is going on, with one press of a button. The mix is also routable to the separate mono bus if mono PAs are required.
LX7-II is built in a rugged wedge-shaped steel chassis with an internal power supply, professional all-metal jackfield and connectors on the rear of the console. All inputs and outputs are balanced.
Applications include : Gigging Bands, Small installations, Small venues, Theatres, Houses of Worship and Live & studio recording.
Soundcraft LX7II Features
- 16, 24 and 32 channel frame sizes
- GB30 mic preamp and precision equalisation circuitry
- True 7-bus architecture
- 2 stereo inputs
- 2 stereo returns
- Channel direct outputs
- Talkback facility
- 100mm faders
- +48 phantom power
- 6 aux sends, 4 of which are pre/post switchable
- 18dB/octave high pass filter
- Group and mix inserts
- 12-segment LED metering
- Integral universal voltage, switched-mode PSU for light weight
- LX7II Mixing Console1
- Power supply cable1
- Frequency Response (XLR input to any output)+0/-1dB, 20Hz-20kHz
- THD & Noise (all measurements at +10dBu output, 30dB gain)
- XLR Input to Direct Output: <0.007% @1kHz
- XLR Input to Mix Output: <0.008% @1kHz
- Mic Input EIN (22Hz-22kHz bandwidth, unweighted)<-128dBu (150Ω source)
- Mic Gain
- Min.: 5dB
- Max.: 60dB
- Bus Noise
- Mix output, input faders @ -∞, Mix fader 0dB
- 16 channels routed: <-88dBu
- Group output, input faders @ -∞, Group fader 0dB
- 16 channels routed: <-88dBu
- Aux output, input sends @ -∞, Aux master 0dB
- 16 channels routed: <-91dBu
- Crosstalk (@ 1 kHz)
- Input Channel Muting: >98dB
- Input Fader Cutoff: >98dB
- Input Pan Pot Isolation: >82dB
- Mix Routing Isolation: >98dB
- Group Routing Isolation: >98dB
- Adjacent Channel Isolation: >100dB
- Group-Mix Crosstalk: <-84dB
- Aux Send Off: <-94dB
- CMRR (mono input, measured at max. gain)typically 80dB @1kHz
- Input & Output Levels
- Input Channel Mic Input: +15dBu max.
- Input Channel Line Input: +30dBu max.
- Stereo Inputs & Insert Returns: +20dBu max.
- All Outputs: +20dBu max.
- Nominal Operating Level: 0dBu
- Headphone Power: 2 x 250mW into 200Ω phones
- Input & Output Impedances
- Mic Input: 2kΩ
- Line Inputs: >10kΩ
- Input Channel Insert Return: 5kΩ (with EQ in; otherwise worst case 1.8kΩ)
- Mix, Group, Aux Outputs: 150Ω
- Insert Sends: 75Ω
- Recommended Headphone Impedance: 50-600Ω
- High Pass Filter (mono input)100Hz, 18dB per octave
- EQ (mono input)
- HF: 13kHz, +/-15dB, 2nd order shelving
- Hi-Mid: 550Hz-13kHz, +/-15dB, Q=1
- Lo-Mid: 80Hz-1.9kHz, +/-15dB, Q=1
- LF: 80Hz, +/-15dB, 2nd order shelving
- Metering6 tri-color 12-segment LED bargraphs
- AC mains supply (internal PSU) 85V-270V AC, 50/60Hz universal input
- Power Consumption: 60W
- Temperature Range14°F to 86°F (-10°C to 30°C)
- Relative Humidity0% to 80%