The McBoost is a microphone signal booster designed to elevate the output of a dynamic or ribbon microphone for greater transparency and clarity, and provide enough clean gain to connect to any preamp.
The Radial McBoost provides clean gain at the source for low-output dynamic and ribbon microphones, driving long cable runs with ease and allowing you to connect to any preamp as if it were a high-gain ribbon mic pre. Simply connect the McBoost in-line using standard XLR cables and activate 48V phantom to provide power, then select between three impedance settings to optimize the response from the microphone. The McBoost will elevate the output to produce added clarity, excitement and extra drive for long cables whether you are in a recording studio, on a live concert stage, or in a broadcast center.
Radial McBoost Features
- Balanced male XLR output
- Balanced XLR female input
- 3-position switch to adjust impedance, output level
- Variable control over gain
- No slip pad
- Book end design
- Heavy duty XLRs
- Military grade PCB
- McBoost mic signal booster1
- Power48V phantom
- Circuit TypeClass-A discrete J-FET
- Max. Boost25dB
- Gain Adjustmentvariable from +4dB to +25dB
- Frequency Responsefrom 3Hz to 30kHz
- Phase Shiftless than 1° at 20Hz
- Distortion0.001% at -30dBu
- Variable Level3-position switch
- Variable Impedance3-position switch
- Dimensions (WxHxD)2.75" x 4.25" x 1.75"