The MicroWedge MW12 is collaboration between original MicroWedge Series inventor Dave “Rat” Levine (founder of Rat Sound Systems, Inc.) and the EAW Engineering Department, resulting in dramatically upgraded performance and ergonomics. The coaxial design pairs a 12-inch woofer with a 3-inch voice-coil compression driver to provide full yet controlled 90-degree conical dispersion.
All frequencies emanate from the exact same point, eliminating crossover region problems and time/phase irregularities, as well as optimizing coherency. The coaxial approach also contributes to a very compact, low-profile footprint. The port on the front of the cabinet enhances LF response in coupling with the floor, the opening also houses a convenient carrying handle and dual NL4 connectors.
The Baltic birch cabinets are available in a black or white finish. The black monitors are protected with EAW’s RoadCoatTM which provides a black finish and tremendous scratch resistance. The white monitors are coated in an extremely durable latex finish. The rugged steel grill keeps its distinctive shape even if stood upon. Points for Omni-mount plates are located the bottom of the MW12 to aid in hanging the monitors.
For applications that require enhanced performance the MW12 can be optimized using the EAW UX8800 digital signal processor.
EAW MW12 Features
- Highly coherent coaxial design (12-inch woofer)
- Enhanced fidelity and power handling
- Upgraded transducers and crossover design
- Convenient input connector location
- Sturdy balance for console bridge monitor use
- MW12 MicroWedge stage monitor1
- Frequency response64Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL140dB
- Operating mode
- Single-amp LF/HF; Bi-amp LF, HF
- High pass filter; DSP w/ 2-way filters
- LF: 12" cone, vented, coaxial with HF
- HF: 1x 1.4" exit, 3" voice coil compression driver, horn loaded
- Power handling
- LF: 600W @ 8ohms
- HF: 150W @ 8ohms
- Full range: 600W @ 8ohms
- ConnectionsNL4 input/loop
- Dimensions (HxWxD)13.14" x 17.27" x 22.8"
- Weight60.5 pounds (27.4 kg)