JBL 705P leverages next-generation JBL driver technologies to deliver greater dynamic range and superior frequency response. The 2409H high-frequency compression driver incorporates an innovative low-mass annular diaphragm to deliver smooth response beyond 36 kHz, with very low distortion. The 725G low-frequency transducer provides 14mm peak-to-peak excursion with greater linearity, delivering exceptional low-frequency output below 39 Hz. These proprietary drivers allow the 705P to deliver two to three times the output of existing studio monitors.
The JBL Image Control Waveguide ensures accuracy and neutrality while providing a wide sweet spot with increased sonic detail. By enabling an acoustically seamless transition between the low- frequency and high-frequency transducers, the waveguide provides a detailed soundstage and accurate imaging across the entire frequency spectrum. The smooth, on- and off-axis frequency response allows the JBL 705P to deliver neutral response across a wide listening area in a broad range of rooms.
JBL 705P features a built-in dual amplification system that’s optimized for its high-output drivers. A 250W amp powers the 2409H high-frequency transducer and a 250W amp is dedicated to the 725G low-frequency transducer. This combination provides exceptional output and allows for greater listening distances, making them ideal for post production or mastering environments.
JBL 705P Features
- Comprehensive room EQ controls
- Compact enclosures
- Digital integration
- 705P 5" Bi-Amplified Reference Studio Monitor1
- Frequency Response-1.5dB @48Hz–23kHz
- Frequency Range39Hz–36kHz
- Max SPL(80 Hz - 20 kHz) >101 dB SPL / 1m
- Maximum Peak SPL(80 Hz - 20 kHz) >107 dB SPL / 1m
- HF Driver2409H
- LF Driver725G
- Dividing Network Transition Frequency1.9kHz
- Input Types1 x XLR balanced analog audio input ; 1 x XLR AES3 format digital input with 1 x XLR pass-through output ; Digital input will accept sample rates up to 192 kHz
- EnclosureBirch plywood reinforced for mounting
- MountingTop, bottom and rear mounting points. 2-hole mounting pattern
- Dimensions (HxWxD)10.5x5.875x8.125 in (267x149x206mm)
- Weight9 lbs (4.08 kg)