Pictured with microphone, microphone is sold separately
The GY-HC500U is a handheld 4K production camcorder that offers uncompromised live and recorded image quality, and connectivity you won't find in any competitor's product. Shoot 4K ultra-HD with HDR and record to SSD or SDHC/SDXC media in a wide variety of formats including ProRes. Ultra-HD ProRes 422 10-bit at 50/60p is possible when recording to SDD media (SSD media requires KA-MC100G media adapter, sold separately). And with the latest firmware, you can now record HD (1920 x 1080) in the ProRes 422 and 422HQ formats. The GY-HC500U CONNECTED CAM also features high performance 1080 60p/50p live streaming with advanced Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) QoS, and a full complement of IP remote control and viewing features. Now, with the optional KA-EN200G encoder, streaming is possible with incredibly efficient HEVC/H.265 compression.
The GY-HC500U features a 1-inch CMOS 4K image sensor for uncompromised cinema and video production. This large sensor delivers a superior dynamic range, high S/N ratio and high sensitivity (F11 at 2000lx), contributing artistic visual expression including shallow depth of field 'bokeh' capability.
The GY-HC500U is equipped with a newly developed wide-angle 20x optical zoom lens to offer optimal magnification for shooting. When shooting in HD mode, Dynamic Zoom combines optical zoom and pixel mapping from a 4K image sensor to create seamless and lossless 40x zoom. Take total control of the scene with triple large rings for zoom, focus, and iris for smooth shooting. Other features include an optical image stabilizer and chromatic aberration correction.
The Auto Focus and Focus Assist functions of the GY-HC500U provide the highly accurate, stable focusing that is essential for 4K shooting. Moreover, its broad customizability enables it to perform in a variety of shooting situations.
The GY-HC500U is equipped with an HDR compatible HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) mode and JVC's proprietary J-Log 1 Gamma mode. These enable high dynamic range capture of a broad color spectrum with 10-bit recording for better color grading and to avoid banding. Footage recorded in HLG mode will deliver a full HDR image when viewed on HLG-compatible monitors. The J-Log 1 mode delivers wide latitude and a high dynamic range of 800%. In the field, it's possible to record while checking the image on the GY-HC500's LCD screen or viewfinder to get a grasp of the final output.
JVC GY-HC500U Features
- 10-bit ProRes 422/422HQ/422LT, at 4K UHD resolution and 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/23.98p recording to M.2 SSD**
- 4K UHD 29.97p/25p/23.98p 4:2:2 10-bit or 4:2:0 8-bit (150Mbps) and various HD recording to SDHC/SDXC card (recording media not included)
- HDR recording, HLG or J-Log1 (10-bit)
- Backup recording to SSD**
- Clip Continuous Record mode
- 1-inch (effective) CMOS sensor with high picture quality
- F11 Sensitivity
- Newly-developed 3-ring 4K lens with 20x zoom (f=28mm-560mm 35mm equivalent)
- 40x lossless dynamic zoom
- 4-inch high resolution LCD monitor
- LCOS Quad VGA viewfinder
- XLR audio connectors
- High performance 1080 60p/50p live streaming (4K Rec + HD streaming + 4K HDMI output)
- Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) QoS for reliable, quality streaming
- Facebook Live streaming with secure RTMPS protocol
- Low latency and high-quality streaming up to 20Mbps with SMPTE 2022 Forward Error Correction
- LAN terminal (Streaming/IFB/Remote) in addition to USB host
- HEVC/H.265 encoding for streaming with 50% reduction in bit rate—or—contribution quality 4:2:2 10-bit streaming at up to 24Mbps (via optonal KA-EN200G)
- Return over IP (Return video and IFB)
- Auto FTP to upload native video clips automatically
- **=SSD media requires optional KA-MC100G media adapter (sold separately)
- GY-HC500U handheld connected cam production camcorder1
- Battery pack1
- PowerDC 12V
- Power Consumptionapprox. 24W (when in the factory default settings using the viewfinder)
- Operating Temperature32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Operating Humidity30% RH to 80% RH
- Storage Temperature-4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C)
- Built-in Wireless LAN
- IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz band) Encryption method: WPA2
- 2.4GHz: Ch1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
- 5GHz USA: Ch36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165
- 5GHz Canada: Ch36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136, 140, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165
- Weight7.94 pounds