Record and mix with a premium analog mixer at the heart of your studio. The Mackie Onyx8 is a compact 8-channel USB mixer with everything you need to elevate the quality of your creative projects like never before. Use the Mackie Onyx8 to bring a new level of sonic performance and versatility to any home recording, live audio or mobile sound setup.
Record ultra-clean, transparent sound with incredible accuracy. Mackie's award-winning Onyx Mic Preamps are designed for maximum studio-quality performance. Create podcasts, live stream gameplay, or produce the next hit. No matter what you do, you deserve to sound great.
The Mackie Onyx8 features an enhanced 3-Band “British Style” Perkins EQ based on the same circuit used on classic mixing consoles from the ‘60s and ‘70s. This version designed by Mackie offers greater filter control, minimum phase shift and allows you to pinpoint specific frequency ranges. Creating the Perkins EQ started with the Wien Bridge circuit topology, then determined capacitor and resistor values to give the EQ an extra 6dB (±15dB) of control without excessively narrowing the "Q" or bandwidth of the filters.
Get multitrack recording at home or on the back of a tour bus. High-resolution multitrack recording at resolutions up to 24-bit / 96kHz is possible in home studios or on the road with the Mackie Onyx8. Connect your Onyx mixer to Mac or PC via USB or insert an SD card for low-latency recording and playback.
The more plugins the better, right? Get creative and customize your sound with professional built-in effects. The professional high-resolution FX processor gives you limitless control over a robust collection of unique digital effects, including a dedicated equalizer to shape your mix to perfection.
It's important to feel in control of your workstation. The Mackie Onyx8 features powerful full-color LCDs with dedicated physical transport controls. Apply FX and recall up to six customizable presets using an intuitive single-knob interface. Record a stereo mix, browse files and play music direct to/from an SD card, all via Studio Command.
The rugged design of QuickGrip side handles make the Mackie Onyx8 a great travel companion for musicians, content creators and mobile DJs. The steel chassis and sealed rotary knobs will protect your investment wherever you go. It's “Built-Like-A-Tank” for a reason.
Mackie ONYX8 Features
- 8x4 analog mixer with 4 low-noise Onyx preamps that provide 60dB of gain
- 3-band British-Style Perkins EQ with On/Off hard bypass switch for dialing in the perfect tone
- High-resolution multitrack recording to Mac/PC via USB at up to 24-Bit / 96 kHz
- Stereo recording directly to an SD card
- Professional, customizable Dynamic FX, with Multi-Parameter Adjustment
- Studio Command—full-color LCD for easy FX control and SD card management
- Bluetooth®-enabled for streaming music directly into any channel, with streamed audio routed to Aux Sends or Main Mix
- Switchable hi-Z inputs for guitars, bass, and other instruments
- Built-Like-A-Tank™ rugged steel chassis for added protection
- ONYX8 8-channel analog mixer with multitrack USB1
- Waveform OEM professional software bundle1
- Noise Characteristics
- EIN (150Ω source impedance, 20Hz to 20kHz) mic in to insert send out, max gain: -128dBu
- Residual Output Noise
- All outputs, master levels off, all channel levels off: -98 dBu
- All outputs, master levels unity, one channel level unity: -88 dBu
- Frequency Response Mic Input to Any Output (gain at unity +0dB/-1dB)20Hz to 30,000Hz
- Distortion (22Hz to 80kHz bandwidth) Mic In to Main Out (+4dBu output)<0.01%
- Attenuation and Crosstalk
- Adjacent Inputs @ 1kHz: -90 dB
- Inputs to Outputs @ 1kHz: -80 dB
- Fader Off @ 1kHz: -85 dB
- Mute Switch @ 1kHz: -90 to -100 dB
- CMRR (mic in to main out, max gain, 1kHz)70 dB
- Max. Levels
- All Inputs: +22 dBu
- Main Mix XLR: +28 dBu
- All Other Outputs: +22 dBu
- Mic In: 3.3 kΩ
- Channel Insert Return: 10 kΩ
- All Other Inputs: ≥20 kΩ
- Phones Out: 25 Ω
- All Other Outputs: 120 Ω (unbalanced), 240 Ω (balanced)
- All channels (except 1/8" stereo channel)
- Low: ±15 dB @ 80Hz
- Mid (mono channels): ±15 dB 100Hz - 8kHz
- Mid (stereo channels): ±15 dB @ 2.5kHz
- High: ±15dB @ 12kHz
- Low Cut Filter: ±18 dB/octave @ 100Hz
- Digital Effect Presets12
- Meters, Main L/R Mix
- Two Columns of 12 Segments Each: 0L, +15, +10, +6, +3, 0 (0dBu), -2, -4, -7, -10, -20, -30
- Format: USB 2.0
- I/O: multiple inputs, 2x2 stereo outputs
- A/D/A: 24 bit, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz
- SD2x2 / 24-bit / 96kHz
- Phantom Power48 VDC to all mic channels simultaneously
- AC Power Requirements
- Power Consumption: 30 watts
- Universal AC Power Supply: 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Power Connector: 3-pin IEC line cord
- Dimensions (HxWxD)4.5" x 10.5" x 11"
- Weight7.1 pounds