MOTU micro express is a 4-in/6-out MIDI interface with SMPTE synchronization (compatible with Mac OS X and Windows). Built with MOTU’s award-winning MIDI interface technology, the micro express is a compact, bus-powered MIDI interface and time code synchronizer that provides expandable, plug-and-play connectivity to any USB-equipped Mac or Windows computer.
The micro express has many of the same features as the Express XT — except that it is smaller, bus-powered, and even more affordable. The micro express provides 4 MIDI inputs, 6 MIDI outputs, 96 MIDI channels and compatibility with all Mac and Windows software. Sixteen convenient, one-touch presets (8 factory and 8 user programmable) give you instant front-panel access to multiple operational configurations. The included ClockWorks™ console software for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista provides comprehensive MIDI routing, merging and muting.
As a professional-grade SMPTE time code synchronizer, the micro express converts and stripes time code in all frame formats (23.976*, 24, 25, 29.97 drop and non-drop, and 30). SMPTE “jam sync” with adjustable freewheeling provides glitch-free sync. The micro express also supports MIDI Machine Control (MMC), with the ability to serve as either an MMC master or slave. The micro express can distribute MMC transport commands to all other connected MMC devices.
Connect a foot switch to the convenient front-panel pedal input and then program it to generate MIDI data when pressed. Send the data to any connected devices. For example, you could send MIDI patch changes to synths and sound modules during live performance.
The micro express takes full advantage of USB, giving you high-speed MIDI throughput, sub-millisecond timing accuracy, support for “hot-swapping” and plug-and-play expansion. Need to connect another sound module or synth? No problem. Just add another MOTU USB MIDI interface via any available USB port. Because it's bus--powered, you can take the micro express anywhere.
MOTU micro express Features
- USB MIDI interface for Mac and Windows
- Stand-alone MIDI patchbay/merger/processor (when powered via USB)
- SMPTE time code sync in all formats (includes new support for 23.976* fps time code)
- 4x6 MIDI merge matrix: connects any device to any other
- 16 front panel presets
- 4 independent MIDI IN
- 6 independent MIDI OUT
- 96 MIDI channels
- Supports MIDI Machine Control transport messages
- Pedal input for momentary foot switch
- 16 presets with 8 programmable, battery-backed memory
- MIDI Time Stamping (MTS) for sub-millisecond timing accuracy
- Includes updated drivers and ClockWorks™ software for Mac and Windows
- USB bus-powered
- micro express USB 4x6 USB Bus-Powered MIDI Interface1
- Custom-designed VLSI technology
- Front panel buttons and LED's for choosing presets (8 factory, 8 user)
- Front panel SMPTE stripe button
- Front panel SMPTE lock and tach LED's
- Status lights for MIDI IN/OUT and computers
- Front panel MIDI IN and OUT ports
- Panic button
- 10 MIDI connectors
- 2 SMPTE quarter-inch phone (line level)
- 1 pedal quarter-inch phone input
- Includes software console for Mac and Windows, USB cable
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears: 9.5 x 7 x 1.75 inches (24.13 x 17.78 x 4.45 cm). With rack ears attached, fits one half of a standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.