Pioneer DJ’s DDJ-REV1 is a two-channel unit equipped with Serato DJ Lite software. The controller has a new battle-style layout that makes it a perfect kit starter piece for artists learning how to battle, scratch, and stream their sets.
An ideal solution for open-format and scratch DJs, the DDJ-REV1 controller imitates a professional DJM-S mixer and PLX turntable setup. The tempo sliders sit horizontally on the top of the deck sections to mirror PLX turntables in a battle configuration, while the Performance Pads and Lever FX paddles sit in the mixer section (to parallel DJM-S Series mixer design).
A spacious layout gives you plenty of room to test out new mixing techniques and the scratch-ready jog wheels are even larger than previous beginner controllers, perfect to try something new.
Start scratching right out of the box using the controller’s Tracking Scratch feature. With Tracking Scratch, move the jog wheel backward or take your hand from the controller to automatically return the track to its cue point. Not only does this help keep cue points easily accessible, it means you don’t need a crossfader.
Choose the Scratch Crossfader Cuts pattern you want by pressing the accompanying Performance Pad and pushing the jog forward to scratch. Performance Pads can also be used to instantly trigger samples or tracks loaded on the Serato DJ Lite Scratch Bank. Deck 3/4 Control is another feature, allowing you to play sounds from all four decks in the software.
Beyond all these must-have DJ functions, the DDJ-REV1 controller makes it easy to integrate speech and vocals. Previous controllers required another device for that process, but with the DDJ-REV1 all you need is a microphone. Plug the microphone into the controller and the mic audio goes right into your mix.
Pioneer DJ DDJ-REV1 Features
- Equipped with Serato DJ Lite software
- Setup imitates DJM-S mixer and two PLX turntables
- 60mm tempo sliders running horizontally above the decks offer finer control
- Performance Pads in the mixer section allow artists to intuitively combine effects, trigger samples, and scratch tracks
- Large jog wheels (same size as those on the DDJ-SR2)
- Add texture to music with Lever FX just by pulling levers; push levers up to lock on effects
- Tracking Scratch identifies the cue point
- Connect a mic to add voice while streaming
- Deck 3/4 Control
- DDJ-REV1 DJ controller1
- USB cable1
- Soundcard24 bit / 48 kHz
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20,000 Hz
- Signal to Noise Ratio103 dB
- Distortion<0.005% (USB)
- Power SupplyUSB Type B bus powered
- Power Consumption5V 500mA
- Performance Control
- Channels: 2
- Deck Control: 4
- Trim Knob: yes
- Jog Wheel: 154 mm
- Filter: yes
- Sampler: yes
- Hot Cues: 4
- Pad Modes
- Hot Cue
- Auto Loop
- Tracking Scratch
- Scratch Bank
- Manual Loop: yes
- Autoloop: yes
- Channel Fader Start: yes
- Crossfader Start: yes
- Crossfader Curve Adjust: yes
- Inputs: 1 MIC (1/4 inch TS Jack)
- 1 MASTER (RCA)
- 1 PHONES (3.5-mm stereo mini jack)
- USB: 1 USB B port
- Dimensions (WxHxD)20.71" x 2.33" x 10.06"
- Weight4.63 pounds