Video streaming for business and pleasure has become a regular part of life. But you’ll never look and sound your best with the webcam and microphone in your average computer. The Roland UVC-02 Web Presentation Dock helps you bridge the gap, providing a simple and affordable way to level up your video presentations with higher quality audio/visual gear and more control.
The UVC-02 is a compact broadcast control center that fits comfortably on your desktop. It allows you to connect a high-quality HDMI camera, pro microphone, and other audio sources and send them directly to meeting and streaming platforms on your computer via a single USB cable. And with an array of hands-on knobs and switches at your fingertips, you can easily control the action without ever touching your mouse or computer keyboard.
Once connected to your computer via USB, the UVC-02 is instantly recognized as a webcam and audio source, with no drivers or set up required. That means it’s ready to go with popular web meeting software such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Webex by Cisco, or any application that uses a webcam as an A/V source for streaming or recording.
Connect just about any HDMI-compatible camera and instantly elevate the image quality over your built-in or USB webcam. Many standalone cameras offer HDMI output, from action and point-and-shoot cameras to higher-grade mirrorless and DSLR models. They have much better lenses than any webcam and often include zoom capability to frame your perfect shot.
There’s nothing worse than bad audio quality in an online meeting. The UVC-02 ensures your sound starts off strong and stays that way. With a tiny studio-grade mixer and four inputs backed by Roland’s pro audio technology, you have a whole new range of sonic superpowers at your command.
Pro broadcast and recording studios choose a specific microphone to get the best out of a performer’s voice. Now, you can choose the mic type that’s right for you and connect it via the XLR input on the UVC-02. Phantom power is also available, allowing you to use a studio-grade condenser mic for the very best sound quality.
The UVC-02 has a dedicated headphones jack, as well as a stereo monitor output for connecting to external speakers or a recorder. And both have dedicated panel knobs that allow you to reach out and control the listening level with a quick twist. The headphones jack also supports the inline mic on a standard set of earbuds, and there’s a dedicated level knob for this as well.
Hate that awkward silence while waiting for everyone to join the meeting? Then connect your phone or other media player to the Aux In and play some background music while everyone gets online. Don’t scramble for the un-mute switch in your software as everyone chants, “You’re on mute.” Just press the large Talk button to instantly turn your audio on or off. And with the button’s bright backlight, you’ll always know when your sound is live.
Just like a broadcast studio, the UVC-02 includes a pro-quality equalizer and audio effects to make your voice sound great. Convenient templates are included to get you started, complete with easy controls to tweak the sound until it’s just right. With advanced echo cancellation and noise suppression on board, the focus is always on you—and not distracting background sounds like domestic bustle and traffic.
Bring the fun by transforming your voice to male/female, a robot, or even a ghost using the onboard Voice Change effect. You can also trigger applause, chimes, buzzers, or your own custom sound samples for fresh reactions to ideas shared in your meetings. Streamline your sessions even further with dedicated UVC-02 software for macOS and Windows. Choose two functions that you use most often—such as PowerPoint slide advance* or a sound effect trigger—and assign them to the A1 and A2 buttons for one-touch operation. (*PowerPoint slide control is only available for Windows.)
Roland UVC-02 Features
- Convenient and affordable desktop docking station to upgrade your business streaming with pro-level audio and video
- Inputs for a DSLR or other high-quality camera, an XLR microphone, and stereo audio sources
- HDMI video input supports embedded sound and features automatic scaling for different video resolutions
- Studio-grade sound with Roland’s acclaimed digital audio technology
- Plug and play operation—automatically appears as a webcam and audio source in your favorite streaming software
- Enhance your streams with professional audio processing, sound effects, and the unique Voice Change effect
- Hands-on control of volume levels plus audio and video muting
- Assignable buttons for customizable control, configurable with free UVC-02 software for macOS and Windows
- UVC-02 USB Video Interface Presentation Dock1
- "Read Me First" Leaflet1
- USB 3.0 Cable* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms1
- Input Connector
- HDMI IN : HDMI type A
- * HDCP not Supported
- * Multi-format Supported
- Input Formats
- 480/59.94p, 576/50p, 720/59.94p, 720/50p,
- 1080/29.97p, 1080/25p, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p,
- SVGA (800 x 600) 60 Hz / 75 Hz, XGA (1024 x 768) 6 0Hz / 75 Hz,
- WXGA (1280 x 800)60 Hz / 75 Hz, HD (1280 x 720) 60 Hz / 75 Hz,
- SXGA (1280 x 1024) 60 Hz / 75 Hz, FWXGA (1366 x 768) 60 Hz / 75 Hz,
- SXGA+ (1400 x 1050) 60 Hz / 75 Hz, UXGA (1600 x 1200) 60 Hz,
- FHD (1920 x 1080) 60 Hz
- * The refresh rate is the maximum value of each resolution.
- * Conforms to CEA-861-E, VESA DMT Version 1.0 Revision 11.
- Output Connectors: USB STREAM : USB 3.0 Type-B
- USB Video Output Format: YUY2 (Uncompressed), Motion JPEG (Compressed)
- USB Video Output Resolution
- 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, 640 x 480
- *Maximum frame rate is 60 fps.
- Input Connector
- Audio Processing: Sample Rate 48 kHz, 24 bits
- Analog Connectors
- MIC : XLR type (Balanced, Phantom power DC 48V, 14 mA Max)
- HEADSET : Stereo miniature phone type (CTIA, PLUG-IN power)
- AUX IN : Stereo miniature phone type
- MONITOR OUT : Stereo miniature phone type
- Digital Connectors
- HDMI IN : HDMI Type A
- USB STREAM : USB 3.0 Type-BNominal Input LevelMIC IN : -54 to -14 dBu (Maximum input level : +4 dBu)
- HEADSET : -20 dBu (Maximum input level : -2 dBu)
- AUX IN : -10 dBu (Maximum input level : +8 dBu)
- Nominal Output Level
- MONITOR OUT : -10 dBu
- HEADSET : 9 mW + 9 mW (32 ohms load)
- Input Impedance
- MIC IN : 5.8 k ohms
- AUX IN : 10 k ohms
- HEADSET : 1 k ohms
- Output Impedance
- MONITOR OUT : 1 k ohms
- HEADSET : 22 ohms
- Digital Audio Format
- HDMI IN : Linear PCM, 48 kHz / 44.1 kHz, 24 / 20 / 16 bits, Stereo
- USB STREAM : Linear PCM, 48 kHz, 16 bits, Stereo
- Audio Effects: Anti-Feedback, Echo Canceller, Ducker, Voice Changer, Reverb, Noise Suppressor, Equalizer, Expander, Compressor, Delay
- Audio File Player
- Number of tracks : 2
- Data Formats : WAV (Linear PCM, 48 kHz, 16 bits, stereo / mono)
- Maximum Time : 5 seconds / track
- Other Functions
- MIC Mute (TALK button)
- Audio Mute (AUDIO OUT button)
- Video Off (VIDEO OUT button)
- Slideshow Control
- Power SupplySupplied from the computer via USB
- Current Draw900 mA (4.5W)
- Operation Temperature+0 to +40 degrees Celsius +32 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dimensions (WxDxH)4-15/16x4-5/8x2-1/16 inches (124x117x52mm)
- Weight (excluding cables)1 lb 0.3 oz (460 g)