Professional hybrid event switcher with eight SDI and eight HDMI inputs, three SDI and three HDMI outputs, USB-C webcam streaming output, 40 channel audio mixing, advanced automation features, and more. The V-160HD includes built-in support to directly control select Canon, JVC, Panasonic, Sony, PTZOptics, Avonic, and VISCA-compatible PTZ LAN cameras. The ultimate hybrid event switcher gives you complete control with a LAN port, Bluetooth, USB, RS-232, tally/GPIO, support for foot-controlled operation, and more. Filled with pro features to take on any modern production, the V-160HD sets a new standard in hybrid event switching. And everything’s all wrapped up in a portable design with a broadcast-style interface that’s easily handled by a single operator.
The V-160HD combines the robust hardware needed to flawlessly execute live productions with the livestreaming capabilities found in computer-based systems. While software workflows are fine for online-only events, the V-160HD delivers the pro essentials you need for both the in-person and streaming components of a live hybrid event, complete with the ability to tailor the content for each audience.
The V-160HD supports HDMI for common A/V devices plus SDI for long cable runs and high-end cameras. Seamlessly mix eight HDMI sources and eight SDI sources in Full HD, even with mismatched frame rates and color spaces. And with built-in scalers on four of the HDMI inputs, you can easily interface with client-provided sources like computers, tablets, smartphones, gaming consoles, and legacy 4:3 devices.
With seven freely assignable outputs—including three SDI, three HDMI, and one USB-C streaming—the V-160HD puts a high-end video matrix at your command. Feed program displays, auxiliary monitors, multi-view producer displays, and the online audience at once, complete with a “clean” output left over for a recording feed.
Video effects and graphics are must-haves to bring polish and excitement to any production. The V-160HD’s effects engine features eight composition layers that can be assigned to the Program and Sub-Program outs, so you’ll always keep audiences engaged with visually appealing content. With up to four picture-in-picture windows, downstream key layers, 16 still store slots with transparent PNG image support, and more, you can manage the creative needs of any client.
The V-160HD uses the same connection technology as webcams, allowing you to stream events at 30/60 FPS in Full HD and reach a worldwide audience. Simply connect the USB-C output to a computer and start streaming with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, YouTube, Facebook Live, or any platform that can use a webcam as its source. Everything is plug and play, with no driver installation needed.
Offering studio-grade sound, the V-160HD’s 40-channel digital audio mixer lets you blend signals from all 16 video inputs, USB-C, and microphones and line-level devices connected to the two balanced XLR combo and stereo RCA inputs. And with the convenience of onboard Bluetooth, it’s possible to wirelessly stream music and other sound sources from a phone or tablet as well. There’s also an extensive effects library for polishing sounds and quickly resolving common issues like audio synchronization and background noise removal.
Roland V-160HD Features
- Portable hybrid event switcher with comprehensive features and connectivity
- Eight 3G SDI inputs with frame rate converters
- Eight 1080p HDMI inputs with frame rate converters, including four with real-time scalers
- Seven total outputs across SDI, HDMI, and USB-C streaming
- Seven selectable output modes: Program, Sub-Program, Aux, Preview, and three Multi-View options
- 40-channel digital audio mixer with effects and processing lets you blend signals from all 16 video inputs, USB-C, mic and line level devices
- Eight-layer video effects engine
- 16-slot still store function supports screen capture or uploaded BMP, JPEG, and PNG images via alpha channel in the internal non-volatile memory
- Instant recall
- Powerful live production automation with sequencing, macros, and preset memories
- PTZ control with support for multiple brands and mixed protocols running at once
- Extensive device control with Bluetooth, USB, RS-232, and LAN
- Remote control software available for iPad, macOS, and Windows
- Wireless and wired camera tally support