The V BEAT is the most compact drum microphone in its class, intended for use with snare or tom drums. Unlike the V7, which is optimized for vocals, the V BEAT features the same high-grade sonic performance as the V7 X instrument dynamic, but in a dedicated low-profile & drum-friendly form factor. Tuned for instrumental use, it can also be used on sources such as electric guitar speaker cabinets or brass instruments.
Its specialized capsule provides a highly detailed, extremely natural sound character on snares or toms of any size, with amazing off-axis rejection to minimize bleed from nearby drums and cymbals. Its ultra-compact design and parallel XLR connector & stand mount give it the smallest footprint in its class, and its rock-solid swivel mount allows its angle to be adjusted with great precision – so it can be aimed at almost any part of the drum head to achieve whatever sound character is required.
The V BEAT utilizes an extremely low-profile mechanical design, with the XLR connector and stand mount integrated in parallel on the underside of the flexible swivel mount. This minimizes the V BEAT’s footprint, removes any cables from line-of-sight, and negates the need for any right-angle adapters or special cables.
The DMC7 X capsule is at the heart of the V BEAT. With aluminum being a much lighter material than the industry standard (copper), it delivers an open and transient-rich sound, with deep and clear lows for stellar performance. Excellent off-axis rejection helps isolate drums from other sound sources, and supercardioid pattern allows you to easily tailor the bottom-end by adjusting the proximity effect.
The V BEAT’s advanced internal capsule suspension efficiently decouples the capsule from mechanical vibration, isolating it from shocks & jolts and eliminating the need for an external shock mount.
sE Electronics V BEAT Features
- Superior isolation and effortless sonics with minimal footprint and maximum flexibility
- Ideal for snare or tom drum whether on-stage or off
- Compact, flexible, and minimalist design
- DMC7 X capsule
- Unique, patented integrated capsule suspension
- All-metal housing and spring steel grille with gold XLR connector
- Internal windscreen
- V BEAT dynamic tom/snare drum microphone1
- Thread adapter1
- Zipper pouch1
- Spare black internal windscreen1
- Knurled nut (for 3rd party accessories)1
- sE logo sticker1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Range30 Hz - 19 kHz
- Output Impedance300 Ω
- Sensitivity2.0 mV/Pa (-54 dBV)
- Connectivity3-pin male XLR
- Height: 2.4"
- Length: 4.3"
- Weight: 12.2 oz (347 g)