The Z5600a II: a thick, rich tube mic that will flatter any source. With nine polar patterns, the Z5600a II from sE Electronics is ready to record absolutely anything.
The Z5600a II large-diaphragm condenser is one of the most versatile tube mics in today's market. With 9 graded steps through omni, cardioid and figure eight patterns, -10dB pad and bass cut, the Z5600a II finds uses in a huge number of applications, from miking a live drum kit to overheads on a choir. Above all though, this excellent mic has won its praise on delivering superb vocal recordings, with natural warmth and incredible detail.
Each Z5600a II capsule is hand-crafted in our own factory where we individually tune every capsule with the absolute highest attention to detail. Hand-made metal housing, hand-crafted solid brass chassis and gold-sputtered diaphragms all work together to ensure maximum reliability in all sonic environments for many years.
The Z5600a II comes in a wooden presentation case, cradled in a full aluminum flight case with a large shockmount and a brushed aluminum PSU with pattern switching and cables.
sE Electronics Z5600a Features
- Large-diaphram condenser microphone
- 9 switchable polar patterns
- 12AX7 tube for rich timbre and stunning detail
- Great for capturing vocals, strings, drum overheads, and more
- Switchable low cut filter
- Switchable -10dB pad
- Z5600a II 9-Pattern Condenser Microphone1
- 8-pin microphone cable1
- Custom shockmount1
- Power supply1
- IEC power cable1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Patterns (selectable)Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional, and 5 intermediate stages
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200 Ohms
- Sensitivity25.12 mV/Pa (-32 dB)
- Max SPL127/137 dB (0/-10 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio81 dB
- Self Noise13 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch50 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad-10 dB
- Power requirementDedicated PSU (included)
- Weight (mic)850g / 30oz
- Weight (PSU)1970g / 69.50oz
- Tube complement1x 12AX7/ECC83
- Connectors8-pin army connector to mic, XLR from PSU