The EW-DX EM 2 DANTE from Sennheiser is a two-channel digital wireless receiver compatible with Evolution Wireless Digital handheld, bodypack, and table-stand transmitters. This half-rack (9.5”) receiver is Dante®-enabled, and features extended 88 MHz switching bandwidth, intermodulation-free operation for up to 293 channels with secure AES 256 encryption, and a redundant power supply via Power over Ethernet (PoE).
Choose variations from a range of frequency options.
More about Sennheiser's EW-DX Series
Take the complexities out of wireless audio, all while enjoying sophisticated tools that help you easily set up and operate your system. Delivering peak performance, EW-DX offers seamless product pairing and management that is reliable and intuitive. This wireless series builds on decades of research, utilizes refined technologies, and incorporates sophisticated tools to deliver a scalable digital UHF system.
Effortlessly take control and monitor your mic system from your mobile device with tools like Sennheiser’s Control Cockpit, Wireless Systems Manager (WSM), or Smart Assist app that provide a detailed system view in complex, networked environments. Equidistant channel spacing, auto scan, and Bluetooth® Low Energy sync allow you to coordinate and set frequencies with the push of a button. Auto Scan assigns channels so you can pack more channels more reliably, without risking intermodulation interference. The equidistant frequency grid allocates more channels per available space. Meanwhile, automatic RF setup allows for easy in-room multi-channel installations.
Choose a system that consistently delivers reliable, high-quality audio, even in the most demanding and sensitive environments. EW-DX boasts a digital UHF transmission enhanced by a wide dynamic range and ultra-low latency that effortlessly keeps up with every detail of your sound. Sennheiser’s proprietary SePac audio codec and innovative conversion technology sum up to deliver outstanding audio transparency along the entire signal chain, from the moment your sound is captured by a transmitter to the time it reaches your audience’s ears.
EW-DX’s Intelligent Switching Diversity digital system enables antenna switching between audio frames to deliver a stable connection without audible artifacts. In transmitters with a 134 dB dynamic range, no sensitivity settings are required. Other features include in-device charging, 12-hour battery operation, and switching bandwidth up to 88 MHz.
Dante® network audio, Ethernet control ports, and AES-256 encryption allow EW-DX to be securely transmitted and placed on IT networks. Link Density Mode packs even more channels into a dedicated space while making the most of interchangeable series components across the Evolution Wireless Digital line. Customize your setup with accessories that help manage power and signal distribution.
Sennheiser EW-DX EM 2 DANTE Features
- 2 channel half rack (9.5’)
- Up to 88 MHz switching bandwidth
- PoE IEEE 802.3af Class 3
- Equidistant Channel Spacing: 146 channels in standard mode; 293 channels in Link Density Mode
- Network enabled for control with Sennheiser Control Cockpit/ media control system through a number of 3rd party modules
- Clear and easy focused user interface with OLED display
- Ethernet connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Secure AES 256 encryption
- External PSU 12V/1A
- All-metal housing
- EW-DX EM 2 DANTE 2-Channel Wireless Receiver1
- Rod antennas2
- Power supply with country adapters1
- GA 3 rackmount set1
- Rubber feet4
- Quick guide1
- Safety guide1
- Manufacturer declaration sheet1
- Audio link frequency ranges
- Q1-9: 470.2 - 550 MHz
- R1-9: 520 - 607.8 MHz
- S1-10: 606.2 - 693.8 MHz
- S2-10: 614.2 - 693.8 MHz
- S4-10: 630 - 693.8 MHz
- U1/5: 823.2 - 831.8 MHz & 863.2 - 864.8 MHz
- V3-4: 925.2 - 937.3 MHz
- V5-7: 941.7 - 951.8 MHz & 953.05 - 956.05 MHz & 956.65 - 959.65 MHz
- Y1-3: 1785.2 - 1799.8 MHz
- Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) frequency range: 2402 - 2480 MHz
- Audio frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (-3 dB)
- Audio THD: ≤ -60 dB for 1 kHz @ -3 dBfs input level
- Dynamic range: 134 dB
- System latency: 1.9 ms
- Operating temperature: 14 °F - 131 °F (-10 °C - +55 °C)
- Relative humidity: 5 - 95 % (non-condensing
- Audio link frequency ranges
- EW-DX EM 2 (Rack Receiver)
- Input voltage: 11 - 13 V ⎓ or PoE IEEE 802.3af Class 0 (CAT5e or higher)
- Input current: ≤ 1 A
- Transmit power (radiated): BLE: max. 10 mW EIRP
- Audio output power: 18 dBu max.
- Headphone output: 2x 70 mW @ 32 Ω
- RJ-45 socket, IEEE802.3
- 100Base-TX (half+full duplex)
- 10Base-T (half+full duplex)
- (CAT5e or higher)
- Dimensions: 8.35x1.73x7.44" (212x44x189 mm)
- Weight (without antennas and power supply): approx. 1000 g (2.2 lbs)