Make the most of your low-end audio with the Beta 91A Condenser Kick Drum Microphone. This member of Shure’s premium Beta microphone series is designed specifically to capture kick drums but is also ideal for other low-frequency applications such as a piano. An updated build integrates the preamplifier and XLR connection, allowing for a simplified setup. Its low-profile design makes it easy to find the perfect miking position while enjoying less stage clutter.
An updated microphone capsule with a uniform half-cardioid polar pattern equips the Beta 91A for maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound. It’s tailored for bass-heavy environments to produce a powerful low-frequency response.
Built to meet Shure’s stringent quality standards, the Beta 91A combines superior attack and punch for studio-quality sound, even at extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). The steel grille and die-cast metal construction resist wear and abuse. A two-position contour switch helps maximize attack and optimize clarity depending on the application: flat response allows for a natural sound, while the “low-mid scoop” setting enables a strong low-frequency “punch” with a higher frequency attack.
Although this mic requires no external mounting or accessories, the Beta 91A comes with a zippered pouch for added protection during transportation or storage.
Please note - Any Beta drum microphone featuring the letter 'A' following the model number contains a new capsule; as a result, you can expect a more natural high-frequency response.
The Beta 91A is great for:
- Kick drum
More about Shure Beta Microphones
The Shure Beta Microphone Series were made as an improvement to the SM Series, offering better performance and are the next step up in price for Shure product. In general, Shure Beta mics offer tighter pick-up patterns and allow for higher gain before feedback. These mics have upgraded pop filters and advanced shock mount systems compared to the SM mic line. Recognized for their superior construction, low handling noise, and high SPL levels, Beta Microphones redefine sensitivity and control for essential, expert sound reinforcement. Check out others in the Shure Beta series here.
Shure Beta 91A Features
- Uniform half-cardioid polar pattern for maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound
- Precision-engineered low-profile design features integrated preamplifier and XLR connector to maximize setup efficiency while minimizing stage clutter
- Frequency response tailored for kick drum/low frequency applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Two-position contour switch to maximize attack and clarity depending on application: select the flat response setting for natural sound in most applications or the "low-mid scoop" setting for a strong low frequency "punch" with plenty of higher frequency attack
- Requires no external mounting or accessories for ease of use and storage
- Furnished with zipper pouch
- Beta 91A Kick Drum Microphone1
- 95A2314 Storage bag1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternHalf-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance146 ohms
- Sensitivity open circuit voltage, @ 1 kHz, typical–48.5 dBV/Pa (3.8 mV)
- Maximum SPL 1 kHz at 1% THD
- 2500 ohms load 155 dB
- 1000 ohms load 151 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio64.5 dB
- Dynamic Range @ 1 kHz
- 2500 ohms load 125.5 dB
- 1000 ohms load 121.5 dB
- Clipping Level 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 1% THD
- 2500 ohms load 12.5 dBV
- 1000 ohms load 7.5 dBV
- Self Noise equivalent SPL, A-weighted, typical29.5 dB SPL-A
- Frequency Contour Switch7 dB of attenuation centered at 400 kHz
- ConnectorThree-pin professional audio (XLR), male, balanced
- Power Requirements11–52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938), 5.4 mA
- Net Weight470 g (16.6 oz.)