Enjoy more freedom with your music with the BLX14R/B98 Wireless Instrument Microphone System from Shure. This system is comprised of a BETA®98H/C Instrument Microphone, a BLX1 Bodypack Transmitter, and a BLX4R Rack Mount Receiver. It also includes a Single and Dual Rackmount Kit, two 1/4 Wave Antennas, a power supply and two AA batteries, and a bag for safe storage.
More about the Beta98H/C
The Beta98H/C is a miniature microphone that easily and reliably clamps onto the bell of wind instruments or the rim of percussion instruments. Its preamplifier circuitry delivers high gain-before-feedback and improves linearity across the full frequency range for a tailored response for natural sound reproduction. Its cardioid pickup pattern isolates your sound from unwanted noise. A ratcheting swivel joint lets you secure it to your instrument with confidence. Its gooseneck lets you reposition it to the precise angle to capture the best sound, while a gooseneck angle brace keeps it there. An integrated shockmount isolates the mic from the instrument’s vibrations for minimal handling noise.
More about the BLX1 Bodypack Transmitter
The lightweight yet rugged build of the BLX1 means you don’t have to worry about damage during everyday use, and it easily clips onto a belt, pocket, or guitar strap for optimal placement. A TQG connection on this transmitter enables connection with lavalier, headset, earset, and instrument mics, as well as guitar cables. It’s capable of up to 300 feet line-of-sight operation, while it boasts a battery life of up to 14 hours, with an LED status indicator to warn you when it’s time to recharge. Turn the transmitter on and off and control your gain with controls on the bodypack itself. Its group and channel selection buttons enable quick frequency matching with the receiver.
More about the BLX4R Wireless Receiver
Boasting a rugged build, optimized linearity and frequency response, and scalable versatility, the BLX4R includes a rack mount kit for permanent installation, allowing it to be easily incorporated into any setup. Its removable antennas enable quick distribution. It can expand to up to 12 mic channels, making it a great choice to start and grow your sound system. Setup is quick and easy with QuickScan frequency selection, which also provides improved linearity and frequency response.
More about Shure's BLX Series
BLX® Wireless Systems combine intuitive operation, rigorously tested quality and durability, and legendary sound right out of the box. Transmitters work for up to 14 hours on two AA batteries, and the system operates at a range of 300 feet, allowing you to expand your stage into the audience without interruption. All receivers include Shure’s Quickscan features, allowing you to find a clear frequency and set your transmitter to the same channel quickly and easily.
With consistent reliability across a wide variety of transmitters, receivers, and accessories, you’re sure to find a sound that works for you from this extensive selection of BLX series gear. Pick from bodypack (BLX1), handheld (BLX2), head-worn (MX35, MX53, PGA31, SM31, SM35), instrument (B98), or lavalier (CVL, W85, W93) clip-on transmitters according to what best suits your performance needs. Complement your favorite transmitter with the perfect receiver, from the ultra-portable BLX4 with internal antenna (BLX4, BLX14, BLX24), to the BLX88 dual-receiver that accommodates two transmitters (BLX88, BLX188, BLX288, BLX1288), to the rack-mounted BLXR with its 2 removable antennas (BLXR, BLX4R; rackmount hardware is also included).
Go wireless with confidence using this specially engineered system that gives you pristine audio clarity without noise interference or disappointing dropouts. BLX series gear gives you the versatility and selection to pick and choose precisely the equipment to fit your needs whatever that venue or performance. Whether you’re a performer or presenter, BLX Wireless is the ideal choice for producing stellar, dependable sound.
Shure BLX14R/B98 System Features
- Simple setup and intuitive interface
- Clip-on microphone attaches directly to brass and percussion instruments
- Gooseneck design in microphone creates flexible and secure positioning
- Up to 14 hours of battery life
- Single and dual rackmount kit offer flexibility in setup
- BETA®98H/C Instrument Microphone1
- BLX1 Bodypack Transmitter1
- BLX4R Rack Mount Receiver1
- Single and Dual Rackmount Kit1
- 1/4 Wave Antennas2
- Zipper Bag1
- PS24 Power Supply1
- AA Batteries2
- Working Range: 91 m (300 ft) Line of Sight
- Audio Frequency Response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion Ref. ±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone: 0.5%, typical
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB, A-weighted, typical
- Operating Temperature: -18°C (0°F) to 57°C (135°F)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low-impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output.
- BLX1 Transmitter
- Audio Input Level
- max: -16 dBVmaximum
- min (0 dB): +10 dBVmaximum
- Gain Adjustment Range: 26 dB
- Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- RF Transmitter Output: 10 mW, typical
- Dimensions: 4.33 in. X 2.52 in. X 0.83 in. (110 mm X 64 mm X 21 mm) H x W x D
- Weight: 2.6 oz. (75 g), without batteries
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 2 LR6 AA batteries, 1.5 V, alkaline
- Battery Life: up to 14 hours (alkaline)
- BLX4R Receiver
- Output Impedance
- XLR connector: 200 Ω
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: 50 Ω
- Audio Output Level Ref. ±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone
- XLR connector: –20.5 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: –13 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- RF Sensitivity: -105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >50 dB, typical
- Dimensions: 1.65 in. X 7.80 in.X 6.42 in. (42 mm X 198 mm X 163 mm) H x W x D
- Weight without antennas: 2.2 lbs (998 g)
- Housing: Molded ABS, steel
- Power Requirements: 12–15 V DC @ 260 mA, supplied by external power supply (tip positive)