Free up your hands and increase your mobility onstage. The BLX14R/MX53 Wireless Headworn Microphone System from Shure is a rack-mount presenter system that delivers more freedom of movement without compromising on audio quality. This system is comprised of a MX153 Earset Microphone, a BLX1 Bodypack Transmitter, and a BLX4R Rack Mount Receiver. It comes with the following accessories: a Single and Dual Rackmount Kit, two 1/4 Wave Antennas, a power supply and two AA batteries, and a zippered bag for safe storage.
More about the MX153 Headworn Microphone
Part of Shure’s Microflex line, the MX153 is an earset mic with an omnidirectional pickup pattern for achieving pristine speech clarity. Its low-profile design allows for discreet mic placement, making it easy to integrate into a wide range of applications including corporate presentations, worship services, A/V conferencing, and live sound reinforcement. The comfortable over-ear design makes it great for long performances.
The MX153 features enhanced plosive protection with no proximity effect, as well as improved gain before feedback. Its integrated CommShield® Technology stops RF interference from cellular devices and digital bodypack transmitters. Other features include a choice of 3 color options, the inclusion of 3 windscreens and a protective pouch, and direct TA4F connectivity to Shure bodypacks.
More about the BLX1 Bodypack Transmitter
The lightweight yet rugged build of the BLX1 means you don’t have to worry about damage during everyday use, and it easily clips onto a belt, pocket, or guitar strap for optimal placement. A TQG connection on this transmitter enables connection with lavalier, headset, earset, and instrument mics, as well as guitar cables. It’s capable of up to 300 feet line-of-sight operation, while it boasts a battery life of up to 14 hours, with an LED status indicator to warn you when it’s time to recharge. Turn the transmitter on and off and control your gain with controls on the bodypack itself. Its group and channel selection buttons enable quick frequency matching with the receiver.
More about the BLX4R Wireless Receiver
Boasting a rugged build, optimized linearity and frequency response, and scalable versatility, the BLX4R includes a rack mount kit for permanent installation, allowing it to be easily incorporated into any setup. Its removable antennas enable quick distribution. It can expand to up to 12 mic channels, making it a great choice to start and grow your sound system. Setup is quick and easy with QuickScan frequency selection, which also provides improved linearity and frequency response.
More about Shure's BLX Series
BLX® Wireless Systems combine intuitive operation, rigorously tested quality and durability, and legendary sound right out of the box. Transmitters work for up to 14 hours on two AA batteries, and the system operates at a range of 300 feet, allowing you to expand your stage into the audience without interruption. All receivers include Shure’s Quickscan features, allowing you to find a clear frequency and set your transmitter to the same channel quickly and easily.
With consistent reliability across a wide variety of transmitters, receivers, and accessories, you’re sure to find a sound that works for you from this extensive selection of BLX series gear. Pick from bodypack (BLX1), handheld (BLX2), head-worn (MX35, MX53, PGA31, SM31, SM35), instrument (B98), or lavalier (CVL, W85, W93) clip-on transmitters according to what best suits your performance needs. Complement your favorite transmitter with the perfect receiver, from the ultra-portable BLX4 with internal antenna (BLX4, BLX14, BLX24), to the BLX88 dual-receiver that accommodates two transmitters (BLX88, BLX188, BLX288, BLX1288), to the rack-mounted BLXR with its 2 removable antennas (BLXR, BLX4R; rackmount hardware is also included).
Go wireless with confidence using this specially engineered system that gives you pristine audio clarity without noise interference or disappointing dropouts. BLX series gear gives you the versatility and selection to pick and choose precisely the equipment to fit your needs whatever that venue or performance. Whether you’re a performer or presenter, BLX Wireless is the ideal choice for producing stellar, dependable sound.
Shure BLX14R/MX53 System Features
- Simple setup and intuitive interface
- Up to 14 hours of battery life
- Single and dual rackmount kit offer flexibility in setup
- CommShield® Technology in the microphone prevents interference
- Earset mic is discreet and comfortable in speaking applications
- MX153 Earset Microphone1
- BLX1 Bodypack Transmitter1
- BLX4R Rack Mount Receiver1
- Single and Dual Rackmount Kit1
- 1/4 Wave Antennas2
- Zipper Bag1
- Power Supply1
- AA Batteries2
- Working Range: 91 m (300 ft) Line of Sight
- Audio Frequency Response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion Ref. ±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone: 0.5%, typical
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB, A-weighted, typical
- Operating Temperature: -18°C (0°F) to 57°C (135°F)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low-impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output.
- BLX1 Transmitter
- Audio Input Level
- max: -16 dBVmaximum
- min (0 dB): +10 dBVmaximum
- Gain Adjustment Range: 26 dB
- Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- RF Transmitter Output: 10 mW, typical
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 4.33" x 2.52" x 0.83"
- Weight: 2.6 oz. (75 g), without batteries
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 2 LR6 AA batteries, 1.5 V, alkaline
- Battery Life: up to 14 hours (alkaline)
- BLX4R Receiver
- Output Impedance
- XLR connector: 200 Ω
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: 50 Ω
- Audio Output Level Ref. ±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone
- XLR connector: –20.5 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: –13 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- RF Sensitivity: -105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >50 dB, typical
- Dimensions: 1.65 in. X 7.80 in.X 6.42 in. (42 mm X 198 mm X 163 mm) H x W x D
- Weight without antennas: 2.2 lbs (998 g)
- Housing: Molded ABS, steel
- Power Requirements: 12–15 V DC @ 260 mA, supplied by external power supply (tip positive)