If you’re looking for a preamplifier to improve and shape your signal, you'll love the WA12 MKII Black Discrete Mic Preamp from Warm Audio. This preamp is designed to transform the tone of plain instruments and vocals into exciting sounds that can stand on their own - so if your mixes lack depth, struggle to sound alive, or are just missing that professional touch you’ve always wanted, the the WA12 MKII Black is the affordable answer.
The WA12 MKII Black is a completely discrete, high voltage, dual-transformer microphone preamplifier design with high gain (+71dB), high headroom, low noise, and exciting sonic performance – which makes it an ideal choice for all types of recording applications. A high-quality mic preamp is one of the most critical pieces needed to achieve that elusive ‘larger than life’ sound, and the WA12 MKII Black delivers on that promise every single time.
Warm Audio WA12 MKII Features
- Utilizes premium-grace input and output transofrmers from Cinemag USA.
- Fully-discrete design with a robut 71dB of gain.
- Utilizes a discrete 6-PIN socketed 1731-style opamp, which can be swapped with other designed that conform to the 6-PIN, 2520 footprint +/-16VDC standard for varying tone and flavor.
- 20dB pad.
- Tone button - switches the input impedance from 150 to 600 Ohms and changes the tone of both the mic and HI-Z inputs.
- Mic level balanced input: XLR.
- 2 Megohm true HI-Z input on the front panel, which sends the signal through the entire circuit, including both Cinemag transformers and the X731 opamp - great for guitars, bass, keys, keyboards, and any instrument with a 1/4" output jack.
- Balanced outputs: XLR and 1/4"/TRS.
- 48V phantom power.
- LED meter gain indication.
- Output attenuation control (positioned after the Cinemag output transformer) allows for driving the preamp and transformers into saturation.
- Switchable 115/230-volt IEC power inlet.
- WA12 MKII Black Discrete Mic Preamp1
- Mic Level Balanced InputXLR
- Balanced OutputsXLR and 1/4"/TRS
- Phantom Power48V