With eight masterfully-tuned balanced-armature drivers, Westone Audio’s flagship product, the ES80, delivers a dynamic sound with a fresh clarity and extended harmonic content that has never been heard before in a custom-fit earpiece.
Westone Audio’s balanced armature driver is significantly more compact and efficient than a traditional dynamic driver. Westone Audio monitors provide enhanced sonic detail and frequency range that extends well beyond typical in-ear solutions.
Earphones have unique construction with flex canal and cold pour acrylic. Flex canal is a body temperature-reactive, semisoft earpiece canal additive. It stays firm at room temperature for ease of insertion and then softens at body temperature, for greater comfort and better acoustic seal for incredible noise isolation. Earpiece housings are cold-poured in acrylic for a thicker, more resilient acoustic enclosure.
Westone Audio’s robust EPIC cable is constructed of bifurcated, high-flex, ultra-low resistance tinsel wire, reinforced with a special aramid fiber, and braided for ultimate durability, acoustic transparency, and isolation from mechanical cable noise. The MMCX Audio™ connector makes this solution conveniently user replaceable.
Deep Open Bore design provides a smoother transition between the monitor mix and the ambient sound and also increases comfort and acoustic seal. Left and right earpiece responses are matched to an extraordinarily tight +/-2 dB tolerance.
Westone ES80 Features
- Balanced armature, full-range driver
- 25 dB noise reduction
- Flex canal design improves comfort and acoustic seal
- Cold pour acrylic earpiece increases durability
- Cable is replaceable
- Handles 111 dB SPL
- 5 Hz - 22 kHz frequency response
- Watertight crush-resistant case1
- Cleaning tool1
- Cable management ring1
- Desiccant pod1
- Cleaning cloth1
- Sensitivity 111 dB @ 1 mW
- Frequency Response 5 Hz – 22 kHz
- Impedance 80 ohms
- Passive Noise Attenuation Over 25dB
- Driver Eight, Balanced-Armature Drivers, with a 3-way Crossover
- Cable Replaceable MMCX Audio ™ Cable, 52”/128 cm