Part of Yamaha’s MA/PA series of power amplifiers, the MA2030a is an ideal audio solution for retail stores, restaurants, classrooms, hospitals, and more. A simple but powerful tool, the MA2030a helps establish the optimal commercial sound environment whether for background music or microphone input needs in a variety of locations. The MA2030a boasts some of the same DSP technologies from other acclaimed Yamaha gear and offers mixing capability with source EQ (Bass/Treble) control.
Advanced DSP features in the MA2030a ensure enhanced music and microphone operation even in the face of technical difficulties. When the MA2030a is being used with a microphone, the Feedback Suppressor can eliminate feedback and the Priority Ducker smoothly adjusts levels when input is detected at an announcement microphone. The Leveler function keeps the overall level steady regardless of changes in input levels and more.
Flexible EQ functions put you in control of your sound. Bass and treble stereo source EQ controls are easily accessible on the front panel to separately adjust the low- and high-frequency contours of the stereo input sources. Speaker EQ also provides ideal equalization for Yamaha VXS/VXC speakers.
At the MA2030a’s core is an impressively efficient Class-D amplifier. The amplifier delivers plenty of output while consuming minimal power and includes smart protection circuitry to protect the amplifier and connected speakers. Designed with natural cooling in mind, there are no cooling fans, contributing to high reliability and quiet operation.
Build or integrate the MA2030a into a variety of setups. The MA/PA series is compatible with all Yamaha commercial installation speakers Lo-Z and Hi-Z speaker systems are supported without adding other transformers or hardware. Flexible connectivity options on the body of the MA2030a also support different uses with two microphone inputs (XLR combo jack and Euroblock) and three stereo inputs (RCA pin). For even more options, combine a MA2030a system with a PA2030a to cover two service areas with volume zoning.
All these powerful features are packed into a compact and durable metal chassis. Operation is intuitive whether you’ve worked on a power amplifier before or not. With the MA2030a you’ll quickly get the best possible sound in your application.
Yamaha MA2030a Features
- Easy setup, and a user-friendly interface for effortless operation
- Supporting Lo-Z (30W @3Ω/4Ω/8Ω) and Hi-Z (60W x1ch, 70V/100V) speaker systems
- Flexible 2 mic inputs and selectable 3 stereo inputs
- Advanced DSP functions for music playback and microphone use (Feedback Suppressor, Priority Ducker, Leveler)
- Bass and treble stereo source EQ with enhancer function
- Built-in speaker EQ optimum for Yamaha VXC/VXS series speaker
- Built-in HPF
- Service zone can be expanded by adding a PA2030a
- Remote volume control and microphone on/off switching via the optional DCP control panels (DCP1V4S, 1 DCP panel per unit)
- Intelligent protection function ensures safe, reliable operation
- Space-saving 1U rack size (*sufficient space must be provided above and below the unit for airflow and cooling)
- MA2030a 2-channel mixer amplifier1
- AC power cable, 3.5mm Euroblock plug (3-pin)1
- Output power30W x 2 (60W x 1 at high impedance)
- Crosstalk≤ -70dB (Stereo in to other Stereo in)
- I/O connectors
- Speaker output: barrier strip x 2 pairs
- Line out: stereo RCA pin (unbalanced)
- Control ports: RJ-45 (for DCP1V4S)
- Mic input: XLR combo jack balanced (mic in 1), 3.5mm Euroblock 3-pin balanced (mic in 2)
- Stereo input: stereo mini phone 3.5mm unbalanced (st in 1), stereo RCA pin unbalanced (st in 2 / 3)
- Output level-10dBV (line out, nominal)
- Amplifier classClass D
- Power consumption30W
- Dimensions (WxHxD)8.5" x 2.1" x 11.4"
- Weight4 pounds (1.8 kg)