The 40-channel TF-RACK digital mixer offers the same features and functionality as the other members of Yamaha’s TF Series in a more compact rack-mount setup that helps you conserve room where space is limited. Boasting 16 mic/line + 1 stereo line inputs and 16 outputs, the TF-RACK is designed for flexible connectivity to a wide range of audio gear. Great for beginner to professional operators alike, the TF-RACK’s easy installation and intuitive operation make it a great all-in-one mixing solution for small to medium-scale applications including live sound performances, corporate presentations, audio installations, and more.
More about Yamaha’s TF Series
Take your live sound reinforcement to new levels of creativity and quality. The TF Series of digital mixing consoles puts Yamaha’s expertise to use and combines it with innovative touch-screen technology for an intuitive mixing experience, whether the mixer is operated by a seasoned pro, aspiring novice, or just-trained volunteer.
Experience unprecedented comfort and convenience with TF’s smooth setup and operation, practical presets and scenes, refined design, and software applications that integrate seamlessly with the entire system—all packed into a small build that’s easy to incorporate into even the most cramped sound systems. Advanced live recording features and seamless operation with high-performance I/O racks make TF models a great solution for a wide range of applications.
TouchFlow Operation™ is the defining feature of Yamaha’s TF series. This tool brings live sound reinforcement to a new level, letting you respond to the music and artists on stage fast and freely. TouchFlow Operation is optimized for touch panel control, making it easier to find the ideal mix. Instantly recall favorable settings with scene memory storage of up to 200 scenes. Work from pre-programmed scenes or create scenes of your own. Scenes are divided into A and B banks, making it easier to sort and organize scenes by type, while D-PRE preamplifiers ensure premium audio quality.
Compressor and EQ performance are central to mixing, and the TF series makes these tools seamless and easy to implement. The 1-knob COMP from Yamaha’s analog mixers is refined in this digital console, offering all the functions of compression without needing to juggle multiple parameters. The same concept was applied to a 1-knob EQ feature for fast and smooth operation, complete with Vocal Mode and Intensity Mode. The 1-knob COMP and 1-knob EQ are provided on the output channels as well.
QuickPro Presets™ were developed for a wide variety of microphones and output equipment from several major manufacturers. These practical presets let you get incredibly close to the ideal sound – helpful for novice engineers to learn the console, or for experienced engineers to save time. All presets were precisely tuned by using actual microphones, instruments, and speakers.
Yamaha TF-Rack Features
- All-in-one rack-style digital mixer
- Scene memory stores mix settings for instant recall
- 1-knob COMP™ and 1-knob EQ™
- QuickPro Presets™ provide instant access to pro sound setups
- Natural sound foundation with extra creative freedom
- Recallable D-PRE™ microphone preamps
- 8 power processing/effect units
- Compatible with many apps
- Dedicated apps include TF Editor, TF StageMix, MonitorMix
- Intuitive user interface optimized for touch panel operation
- Plug in and play Dante stagebox solution
- TF-Rack rack-mount mixer1
- Power cord1
- Rubber stoppers4
- Mixing capacity
- Input channels: 40 (32 mono + 2 stereo + 2 return)
- Aux buses: 20 (8 mono + 6 stereo)
- Stereo buses: 1
- Sub buses: 1
- Input channel functions8 DCA groups
- Inputs: 16 mic/line (XLR/TRS combo) + 1 stereo line (RCA pin)
- Outputs: 16 (8 XLR + 8 TRS phone)
- Expansion slots: 1 (for NY64-D audio interface card)
- On-board DSP8 Effects + 10 GEQ
- Internal sampling frequency rate48kHz
- Signal delayless than 2.6 ms, INPUT to OMNI OUT, Fs=48 kHz
- Faderresolution = 10-bit, +10 dB to –138 dB, –∞ dB all faders
- THDless than 0.05%
- Frequency response20Hz - 20kHz (+0.5dB, -1.5dB)
- Dynamic range110dB typical
- Equivalent input noise-128dBu typical
- Residual output noise-85dBu
- Power requirements100-240V 50/60Hz
- Power consumption85W
- Dimensions (WxHxD)18.8" x 5.25" x 16.1"
- Weight20.3 pounds (9.2 kg)