For those seeking a single channel preamp to improve the performance of ribbon and dynamic microphones, the RP1 Mic. This preamp brings out all of the nuances of a microphone before running into your recording interface or mixer through long cable runs.
With the RP1 the user can tailor the loading on the mic through the variable impedance control. The low cut filter allows the removal of wind noise and plosives before adding additional gain. The discrete preamp circuitry inside is designed for low noise and transparent operation. Balanced output drives long cable runs with ease allowing the preamp to be placed as close as possible to the mic before picking up any noise or interference.
ART RP1 Features
- Switchable low cut filter
- Variable impedance control
- Adds 20dB of gain
- Runs off Phantom power supply
- Low THD discrete circuitry
- Balanced outputs
- RP1 phantom-powered single channel microphone preamp1
- Input ConnectionsXLR
- Input Impedance150Ω to 10kΩ, variable
- Max. Input Level-18dBu
- Output ConnectionsXLR
- Max. Output Level+9dBu
- Low Cut Filtersingle pole 100Hz
- THD<.002% @1kHz typ.
- EIN-131dBu "A" wtd.
- CMRR>60dB 20-20kHz
- Power Requirementsexternal power requirements standard 48V phantom power supply, 8mA
- Dimensions (HxWxD)1.26" x 1.12" x 5.18"
- Weight0.31 pounds