Estimated Reading Time: 11 Minutes
Shure's Wireless Systems deliver secure, scalable, and durable solutions for a variety of applications, from portable gigs to permanent venues. Whether you’re looking for a wireless option for a small, basic audio setup, or in the market for a professional wireless system sporting all the bells and whistles, you can be certain to find the right fit for your specific application among Shure’s wide offerings of wireless solutions.
Here is an overview of each Shure Wireless product series, in order of entry-level to high-end features and price points. (When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.)
- BLX is designed to meet the professional needs of small venues.
- GLX-D+ is for audio artists and content creators who need a simple-to-set-up, easy-to-use option.
- QLX-D is intended for mid-tier applications (such as business conferencing, mid-sized stages and performances, and public speaking).
- SLX-D is built with an emphasis on scalability for changing live performances.
- ULX-D is designed with robust features to meet the demanding needs of professional installations and applications and is compatible with QLX-D systems.
- Axient is also for large professional applications but has many different features that differentiate it from ULX-D, such as ShowLink, Quadversity, Frequency Diversity, and more.
BLX WIRELESS MICROPHONE SYSTEM
BLX gives you the versatility and selection to pick and choose precisely the equipment to fit your needs whatever the venue or performance. Whether you’re a performer or presenter, rely on BLX to produce stellar, dependable sound.
- Operates up to a range of 300 feet (line of sight)
- Includes a choice of Shure microphone, transmitter, and receiver components
- Transmitters work for up to 14 hours on two AA batteries
- Runs up to 12 systems per frequency band
- 30MHz RF tuning bandwidth
- Quickscan allows you to find a clear frequency quickly and easily
- Pick from bodypack, handheld, headworn, instrument, or lav transmitters
- Choose from portable or rack-mounted receivers
Pick from bodypack, handheld, headworn, instrument, or lavalier transmitters. Receivers feature enhanced and Group/Channel scanning on its receivers also include Quickscan, allowing you to find a clear frequency and set your transmitter to the same channel.
Note: BLX does not allow for interchangeable mic elements on its handheld transmitters.
GLX-D+ DUAL BAND DIGITAL WIRELESS SYSTEMS
Boasting intuitive operation and up to 16 compatible systems, GLX-D+ is ideal for musicians and presenters who want reliable wireless that allows them to focus on their performance. Every aspect of GLX-D+ operation is managed automatically and with total reliability. Dual Band Wireless Technology enables operation in 2.4 and 5.8GHz, resulting in over twice as much available bandwidth while also intelligently avoiding interference for dropout-free audio.
- Easy, worry-free setup and management
- Rock-solid RF performance for multiple system installations
- License-free frequency range
- Intuitive, dropout-free audio
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
- Dual-band wireless technology operates in both 2.4 and 5.8GHz
- Includes a lithium-ion battery that can be charged in various ways
- Quick charge allows 1.5 hours of use from a 15-minute charge
- Available in tabletop, half-rack, and guitar pedal configurations
This digital wireless family comes in a wide range of models. Choose from myriad microphone options (including the popular SM58®). Get set up straight from the box with tabletop, half-rack, and guitar pedal system configurations. When combined with Frequency Manager and directional antenna accessories (both sold separately), the rack-mount receiver systems are ideal for small and medium installations that need a lot of channels in equipment that can still fit into compact setups.
GLX-D+ boasts smart rechargeability with up to 12 hours of runtime (improved from the prior GLX-D generation). Each model includes a lithium-ion battery, which can be charged multiple ways and offers quick-charge capabilities that allow for 1.5 hours of use from a 15-minute charge.
QLX-D® DIGITAL WIRELESS SYSTEMS
From musical performances to public speaking, QLX-D’s user-friendly interface and all-metal components contribute to an intuitive and durable design. Exceptional digital audio clarity and powerful networking are just a few of the features that make the QLX-D a great option for upgrading your wireless setup.
- Professional-grade metal construction
- 64 MHz of tuning bandwidth
- Up to 17 compatible systems in 6MHz or 21 channels in the 8MHz DTV range
- Ethernet networking for control strings, firmware updates, Wireless Workbench 6, and ShurePlus Channels for iOS
- Transmitter types include handheld and bodypack
- Compatible with ULX-D® boundary and gooseneck transmitters
- Maximum battery life of up to 8 hours, 55 minutes
- Runs on AA batteries or SB900B Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
- Select from a variety of legendary Shure Microphone Options
- AES-256 Encryption
- 17 max. systems per 6mHz channel, or 67 max. systems per 64mHz channel
Automatic channel scan, IR sync, and networked channel scan make this system simple to set up and operate, while Ethernet is used to connect to other components. QLX-D lets you streamline setup across multiple receivers, and Wireless Workbench® software gives you real-time access, monitoring, and control throughout the performance.
QLX-D boasts a dynamic range of over 120 dB, with no transmitter gain adjustment needed, and 64 MHz tuning bandwidth (region-dependent). This system has a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz, with up to 60 compatible systems per frequency band and up to 129 compatible systems using multiple bands. With robust RF performance, QLX-D has 24-bit digital audio and wide frequency response to capture precise, clear sound, while AES-256 advanced encryption ensures a secure signal.
This series’ bodypack and handheld transmitters sport a selectable display mode and frequency and power lockout, and up to 10 hours of continuous battery life; their wireless line-of-sight range is up to 300 ft (bodypack) and 330 ft (handheld), respectively. The QLDX4 receiver is equipped with an easy-to-read icon-based interface with a high-contrast LCD menu and comes with rack ears and plates for mounting and installation.
SLX-D WIRELESS MICROPHONE SYSTEM
The install-friendly SLX-D series offers 24-bit digital audio quality with >120 dynamic range, letting you achieve transparent, rock-solid, reliable RF performance. SLX-D is a great fit for venues ranging from lecture halls and conference rooms to houses of worship to stages of all shapes and sizes.
- Link multiple systems locally via Ethernet
- Use RF scan and IR sync and be ready to go at the push of a button.
- AMX/Crestron compatible
- Choose from Single + Dual Channel Receivers
- Wireless Workbench® software and the ShurePlus™ Channels mobile app for critical oversight and real-time control
- 10 max systems per 6MHz channel, 32 max systems per 44 MHz channel
- Selection of handheld, lavalier, and headset microphones for up to 32 compatible systems per 44 MHz band.
- Crystal-clear digital audio quality with >120dB dynamic range
- Up to 8 hours of continuous operation using 2 AA batteries
- Rechargability using optional SB903 batteries and charging accessories (sold separately)
- Install-friendly, with a clean profile—rack hardware included
This suite of wireless configurations can be customized to the size of your venue, while Ethernet connectivity allows you to link multiple systems to manage setup, group frequency scans, and firmware updates. An RF scan and IR sync make setup as simple as the push of a button, and every SLX-D receiver includes a step-by-step guided frequency setup tool. You can link multiple systems locally via Ethernet to manage setup, group frequency scans, and firmware updates. SLX-D also is compatible with Wireless Workbench® software and the ShurePlus™ Channels mobile app, giving you the tool for critical oversight and real-time production control.
SLX-D boasts compatibility with Shure’s UHF wireless antenna distribution and remote antenna accessories, as well as offering a wide selection of single half-rack and dual full-rack receiver options, handheld and bodypack transmitters, and your choice of vocal, lavalier, headset, and instrument microphone system configuration. Enjoy up to 8 hours of continuous operation using two AA batteries (included) or the optional Shure SB903 Li-ion rechargeable batteries and charging accessories (sold separately).
ULX-D® DIGITAL WIRELESS SYSTEMS
This campus-wide solution helps you manage diverse sound sources, protect RF from stray signals, and ensure wireless reliability, clear audio quality, and certified signal protection. Designed for demanding permanent installations and professional-caliber live events, ULX-D meets the needs of large-scale applications including universities, convention centers, large conferences, theaters, and touring productions.
- Excellent signal-to-noise performance
- Extended 20Hz-20kHz digital audio frequency range
- 24-bit/48kHz, completely transparent digital audio
- Up to 47 channels Per 6MHz DTV channel
- Signal security via AES-256 encryption
- Rugged, intelligent hardware for professional sound reinforcement
- High Density Mode (HD Mode)
- Multiple spectrum options
- Dante Audio over Ethernet
ULX-D delivers wide frequency response and 24-bit digital audio to capture clear, accurate sound and runs up to 47 systems simultaneously within 6MHz. AES-256 encryption keeps your signal secure.
HD Mode facilitates efficient spectrum use, enabling you to use up to 560 channels in 72 MHz or 63 channels in a single 8 MHz TV band. A variety of spectrum options include VHF, UHF, and 900 ISM.
Easily scale and streamline your wireless audio.Choose from handheld, bodypack, and gooseneck transmitters, all of which are compatible with AA batteries or Shure’s intelligent rechargeable options for up to 9 hours of continuous use. Round out your wireless system with a receiver type that fits your channel requirements: single, dual, or quad channel. This system includes access to proven network tools such as Wireless Workbench®, SystemOn, Axient Spectrum Manager, and compatibility with AMX & Creston and DANTE™ digital audio networking. If operating on the same frequency band, ULX-D is compatible with QLX-D components.
AXIENT DIGITAL WIRELESS MICROPHONE SYSTEM
Complex setups, high channel counts, and constrained spectrum are everyday hurdles for today’s major events and tours. The Axient® Digital Wireless System tackles these problems head-on, delivering pristine audio clarity, advanced connectivity, scalable hardware, network charging, and premium wireless signal stability—all in a system that gives you precise control while offering optimal convenience of use in professional wireless production. Offering big sound quality for big audiences, this wireless system is designed for major award shows, halftime performances, music festivals, and even Broadway.
- Channel quality metering
- AD and ADX cross-compatibility
- AES-256 encryption
- Dante Browse and Dante Cue monitoring
- Quadversity Mode allows for four antennas per channel
- Frequency Diversity with some transmitter configurations
- True Multi-Receiver Diversity Architecture
- Camera Slot Portable Receiver
- Analog, AES3, and Dante outputs
Axient boasts 184 mHz tuning across all receivers and transmitters, up to 47 active transmitters per 6 MHz TV channel, and an industry-leading 2 milliseconds of latency. These features, with flat frequency response, multiple digital audio output options, next-generation digital radio with encryption, and Quadversity and High-Density modes, make Axient a powerhouse for modern broadcast needs—no matter how crowded the spectrum environment.
Choose from a handheld or bodypack transmitter and pair it with a dual or quad-channel receiver. Other members of the Axient Digital series of equipment include the ATX600 Axient Spectrum Manager, the AD610 Diversity ShowLink Access Point, and the SBC-AX Axient Charging Module. ADX models in this series feature integrated Diversity ShowLink, a remote-control functionality that allows you to adjust settings in real-time and automatically minimizes interference.
Wireless audio is ideal for music, events, presentations, and beyond. Shure Wireless Systems takes equipment issues out of the equation so you can craft your sound with confidence. Whether you're a technical director, AV installer, FOH engineer, or performing artist, Shure offers innovative wireless systems that exceed expectations and equip you to take your audio to the next level of quality and versatility.
Curious about how Shure Wireless can meet your application’s needs? Visit our Shure Wireless Systems page to browse solutions or call the SoundPro experts at 800.203.5611 for personalized advice.