Bring vocals to the front of your mix with the AE4100 dynamic handheld microphone from Audio-Technica’s Artist Elite mic series. This high-performance mic features excellent isolation properties, great frequency response, and a cardioid polar pattern that narrowly focuses on the sound source while minimizing pickup of other noises to its sides and rear.
The AE4100 captures the perfect volume for singers, while multiple layers of pop protection minimize vocal plosives and sibilance—while simultaneously capturing high-frequency clarity. Featuring a built-in anti-shock design ensures minimal handling noise, and the AE4100’s other components include a hardened-steel outer grille lined with fine steel mesh and a layer of open-cell foam. Rounding out the layers of insulation is a foam disk positioned on top of the element assembly, which acts as a final defense against “pops” during vocal recording and performance.
The AE4100 is specifically engineered to meet the physical and environmental demands of stage and transportation. Its rugged construction keeps the microphone secure and ensures long-lasting, reliable sound quality. Its back-cavity assembly features a floating design inside the handle shell, which helps isolate any handling noise from being captured. Included with the AE4100 is a custom Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands which provides flexible microphone positioning while contributing to more isolation of handling noise. Additionally, the AE4100’s accessories are rounded out by a 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter and a T4 soft protective pouch for secure transport and safe storage.
Audio-Technica AE4100 Features
- Destined to be the next classic
- Optimized for the stage
- Back-cavity assembly "floats" inside the handle shell, isolating from handling noise
- Superior anti-shock engineering
- Multi-stage grille design protects against plosives and sibilance without compromising high-frequency clarity
- Cardioid polar pattern improves isolation of the desired sound source
- Outstanding pop protection
- Built for the road
- AE4100 cardioid dynamic handheld microphone1
- AT8470 Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp for 5 /8"-27 threaded stands1
- Threaded adapter 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-161
- Soft protective pouch1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response90 Hz - 18 kHz
- Output Impedance250 ohms
- Sensitivity-55 dBV/Pa (1.7 mV)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- SeriesArtist Elite
- Height: 6.97"
- Diameter: 1.89" (head) 1.3" to 0.87" (tapered body diameter)
- Net Weight: 310 g (10.9 oz)