The BP4001 cardioid dynamic microphone is tailored for extremely clear and articulate reproduction of spoken words. Featuring an extended handle that easily accommodates microphone flags, the BP4001 is ideal for all aspects of broadcast and remote newsgathering: on-location interviews, ENG, EFP, sports applications and much more. Designed to provide exceptional isolation from handling noise, the microphone is ruggedly built to withstand the abrasion and jostling expected with life in the field. The microphone offers a 3-pin XLRM-type output connector and comes generously equipped with a slip-on foam windscreen, vinyl carrying case, soft protective pouch, and professional stand clamp.
This microphone is also available in an omnidirectional polar pattern, model BP4002.
Audio-Technica BP4001 Features
- Professional interview microphone with extended-length handle, ideal for on-location interviews
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Frequency response is tailored for natural, clear and articulate reproduction of spoken words
- The back-cavity assembly “floats” inside the handle shell, providing exceptional isolation from handling noise
- Rugged housing with hardened-steel grille
- Integral windscreen protects against wind and breath noise
- BP4001 cardioid dynamic interview microphone1
- Professional stand clamp1
- Threaded adapter1
- Foam windscreen1
- Protective pouch1
- Carrying case1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response80 Hz - 18 kHz
- Output Impedance300 ohms
- Sensitivity-54 dBV/Pa (1.9 mV)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Length: 9.48"
- Head Diameter: 1.57"
- Weight: 9.7 oz (275 g)