Compact, durable, and versatile, the AE2300 Cardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone from Audio-Technica’s Artist Elite® series is ideal for capturing quality sound from guitar amps, brass, and woodwinds, as well as drum and percussion instruments. Capable of handling high SPLs, this microphone features a low-profile design that makes it easy to incorporate into even the most cramped miking arrangements. Its rugged build features brass metal construction for long-lasting, dependable performance in live music applications.
The AE2300 maintains directionality across its entire 60-20,000 Hz frequency range. With only the slightest of off-axis coloration, this mic’s frequency response is nearly identical at different angles (0°, 90°, and 180°), while it maintains phase cohesion even in setups comprising multiple microphones. Meanwhile, its cardioid polar pattern helps minimize pickup of background noise from the sides and rear, making it easy to “aim” the mic to capture only the sound you want.
The AE2300 boasts a proprietary double-dome diaphragm construction for an improved high-frequency and transient response beyond what’s typically expected of dynamic mics. It also features a switchable low-pass filter specifically engineered to remove harsh, high-frequency noise and create a clear and focused sound without detracting from the instrument’s overall tone.
Included with the AE2300 is a custom AT8471 isolation stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and an S4 soft protective pouch for safe transportation and secure storage.
Audio-Technica AE2300 Features
- Excels in high-SPL applications
- Proprietary double-dome diaphragm construction improves high-frequency and transient response
- Maintains directionality across the entire frequency range
- Minimal off-axis coloration (frequency response is nearly identical at 0°, 90°, and 180°)
- Switchable low-pass filter removes harsh, high-frequency hiss
- Low-profile design
- Rugged, brass metal construction ensures dependable performance
- AE2300 microphone1
- AT8471 isolation stand clamp (for 5/8"-27 threaded stands)1
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter1
- Protective pouch1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response60 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance250 ohms
- Sensitivity-57 dBV/Pa (1.4 mV)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Length: 3.8"
- Diameter: 1.1" maximum
- Weight: 4.9 oz (138 g)