The AE5100 from Audio-Technica’s Artist Elite® series is a cardioid condenser instrument microphone that boasts rich, warm, accurate, and uncompromising quality to your sound. Featuring a large-diaphragm capsule that enables a natural response, this mic also boasts a versatile low-profile design that’s more compact than most other studio microphones in its class, which makes it easy to place it wherever you need to capture the sound you want. Ideal for a wide range of miking applications, the AE5100 is a particularly good choice for acoustic instruments such as guitar and strings, overheads, percussion, as well as choir vocals, while its low noise and smooth response also make it an excellent option for recording.
The AE5100’s element is a fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser. Its cardioid polar pattern minimizes the pickup of noise from the sides and rear, making it easier to “aim” your mic to capture the desired sound. This mic also has an integrated 80 Hz HPF switch and a10 dB pad.
Ruggedly built, the AE5100’s design is intended to make it the ideal vocal mic for touring and other applications on the go. It comes with a custom AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, which optimizes shock protection, secure mounting of the mic, and perfectly positioning it to capture your instruments or vocals. The AE5100 mic’s other included accessories are a 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, an AT8136 windscreen to protect from wind noise and vocal pops, and an S4 soft protective pouch for safe transportation and secure storage.
Audio-Technica AE5100 Features
- Large-diaphragm capsule delivers accurate and natural response
- Low-profile design permits innovative placement options
- Cardioid polar pattern improves isolation of desired sound source
- Robust design for enduring dependability on the road
- Includes isolation clamp for shock protection, secure mounting and easy positioning
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad
- AE5100 Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone1
- AT8471 Isolation Clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands1
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter1
- AT8136 Windscreen1
- S4 Soft Protective Pouch1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance150 ohms
- Sensitivity-36 dBV/Pa (15.8 mV)
- Low Frequency Roll Off80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Maximum Input Sound Level
- 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- 158 dB SPL with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise11 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range137 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio83 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements11-52V DC, 3.2 mA typical
- Switches High-pass filter, 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions5.85 inches (148.5 mm) long, 1.02 inches (26 mm) maximum diameter
- Weight5 oz (143 g)