For exchanging capsules or with handheld transmitters sold without capsules, ATW-C710 may be a compatible choice. Designed specifically for Audio-Technica’s handheld mics in the 3000, 5000 and 6000 Series, the industry-standard thread mount allows this capsule to be taken on and off a transmitter easily.
This capsule utilizes a cardioid polar pattern. With this pattern, sound from in front of the mic capsule is picked up well, with sound from the sides and back largely left out. Feedback and background noise are controlled and reduced from this cardioid pattern. Between the cardioid polar pattern and handheld use, this capsule works well in many different speaking applications.
A condenser-style microphone capsule, the ATW-C710 tends to operate better in a controlled environment than in live use. For this and the capsule’s other specifications, it is a popular choice in studios, and pre-recording lectures or other presentations.
Audio-Technica ATW-C710 Features
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Condenser microphone
- Industry-standard thread mount
- Easily mount and remove from handheld transmitter
- Capsule Compatibility
- ATW-T3202 (3000 Series)
- ATW-T5202 (5000 Series)
- T6002xS (6000 Series)
- ATW-C710 Cardioid Condenser Mic Capsule1
- Two Year Limited End User Warranty1
- ElementFixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency ResponseDepending on the wireless handheld transmitter
- Power Requirements5 V DC
- Weight114 g
- Dimensions84.4 mm long, 50 mm max. diameter
- Output ConnectorInterchangeable industry-standard thread