Blackmagic Design’s Ultimatte 12 goes beyond the power of even the most advanced keyers, also functioning as a high power real time compositing processor. Enjoy superb edge handling, color separation, color fidelity, spill suppression, and more. 12G-SDI technology supports work in HD and Ultra HD for real-time compositing of weather, sports, news, and entertainment in studio environments.
Incredibly life-like composites place your talent into any scene. Computer generated augmented reality objects provide realistic transparency and depth talent can walk behind, even with glass-style objects. The Ultimatte 12 works with fixed cameras and static backgrounds, or automated virtual set systems. On set previsualization is another plus, since actors and directors can see the virtual sets while shooting against a green screen.
Remove the background without affecting foreground colors. Advanced flare, edge and transition processing isolates and treats image sections differently while keeping color transitions smooth. High-level compositing keeps the final product photorealistic.
Green tinting and spill are no longer problematic thanks to the adjustments made to flare algorithms in the Ultimatte 12. Flare automatically samples colors to create seamless mattes for walls, floors, or other parts of your image. Shadows get mapped and composited onto the new background for a realistically three-dimensional view, spill is removed, and transparent objects are cleaned.
Advanced algorithms and large internal color space make it feel like you’re using several Ultimatte keyers on one image. For example, fine edge detail is a great feature for visuals of hair but is not something you would want applied to an entire image. Images are automatically processed based on the colors in each area, so fine edge detail is applied to just the hair portion.
Cameras at different angles see the same green screen slightly differently, which keyers in live production switchers aren’t designed to correct. Ultimatte 12 makes it possible to add keyers to every camera in a shot for the best possible key.
The Ultimatte 12 includes 7 input connections dedicated to compositing different elements together. 12G-SDI connections offer high frame rate Ultra HD from one BNC connection that can plug into your regular HD equipment. Connections let you work with SD, HD, 3G, 6G and 12G-SDI equipment, and in HD or Ultra HD formats up to 2160p60.
Blackmagic Design Ultimatte 12 Features
- Connect to SDI equipment in HD and Ultra HD
- Add augmented reality and virtual elements
- One touch keying
- Advanced image processing
- Expanded internal color space
- New math and sub pixel processing designed for high quality and clarity in HD and Ultra HD
- Incredible color fidelity
- Flare removes green tinting, spill, shadows, and reflections
- Ideal for broadcast news, sports, and traditional TV and film production
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Ultimatte 121
- SD card (contains software & manual)1
- SDI Video Inputs: 7, plus monitor in
- SDI Video Outputs: 9
- SDI Video Loop: 7 x reclocked SD, HD, Ultra HD for corresponding inputs
- SDI Rates: 270Mb, 1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G multi rate support
- Reference Input: Tri-Sync or Black Burst
- Reference Loop Output: Tri-Sync or Black Burst
- Control Panel Connection: Ethernet supports 10/100Mbps. Allows direct connection between Ultimatte 12 and Ultimatte Smart Remote 4
- GPIO: 5 x GPI In; 1 x GPI Out; 1 x Tally In
- SD Video Standards: 625i50 PAL, 525i59.94 NTSC
- HD Video Standards
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60
- 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50,1080p59.94, 1080p60
- 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30
- 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- Ultra HD Video Standards: 2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30, 2160p50, 2160p59.94, 2160p60
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259, SMPTE 292, SMPTE 424, SMPTE 2081, SMPTE 2082
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2
- Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709, REC 2020
- Updates: Using USB-C connection directly connected to Mac™ or Windows™ computers
- Configuration: Ultimatte IP address is set via the Ultimatte setup utility connected via USB
- Control System
- Control Panel Required: Ultimatte Smart Remote 4
- Custom Control: Ethernet protocol included in the Ultimatte instruction manual
- Power Supply2x Internal 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz
- Power Usage100W
- Physical Specifications
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Dimensions: 19" x 9.25" 1.73"
- Weight: 5.84 pounds