The ZC-4 wall-mounted controller from dbx is a remote device that functions as a program selector via contact closures, which has been designed specifically to be compatible with the dbx DriveRack 220i and 260. In addition, it may be used to provide contact closure programmable source selection, page assignment control, or scene selection when using ZonePRO devices. (All DriveRack and ZonePRO gear sold separately.)
The ZC-4 boasts DIP switches that enable identification with connection to the processing device via CAT 5 cable on RJ-45 connectors.
The dbx Zone Controller Series
Simple yet elegant, the Zone Controller series from dbx expand the capability of dbx’s DriveRack® and ZonePRO™ families. There are several controllers in this series, each using analog DC voltage to deliver logic control. Recommended for use in installed setups, Zone Controllers are an ideal solution for contractor applications.
Each controller is designed to fulfill a unique purpose, from zone source selection, volume adjustment, and muting, to program or scene selection or even fire safety muting. Zone controllers are wired with a standard CAT5 cable and feature universal RJ-45 connectors at distances up to 1000 feet.
More about ZonePRO
ZonePRO products are engineered to streamline your management of commercial audio applications. Thanks to step-by-step setup wizards, this series of products are simple to install and easy to use and are supported by dbx’s reputation for dependable performance.
dbx ZC-4 Features
- Provides program change capability from contact closures for DriveRack 220i and 260
- Can also provide source selection, page steering, and scene selection for ZonePRO devices
- Analog DC voltage to provide logic control
- Wired with CAT5 cable with RJ-45 connectors
- ZC-4 wall-mounted zone controller1
- Connectors2 RJ-45
- Series wiringmaximum cable length varies with number of zone controllers (3 controllers 600 ft; 6 controllers 300 ft)
- Parallel wiring using ZC-BOBup to 6 zone controllers: 1000 ft
- Parallel wiring cableCAT5 or CAT5E with 28.6 Ohm/M (Ohm/1000ft) nominal DCR and rated VW-1 or higher
- Safety agency certificationsUL 60065, IEC 60065, EN 55013, E60065