The Preset 8 is a lighting control station that stores eight preset looks. Each look, or scene, has an associated slider that adjusts the light levels for that look. The preset looks are recorded into the Preset 8 by capturing the output of any DMX512 console.
Preset 8 systems may consist of single or multiple stations. Systems with multiple stations utilize a Main/Remote concept in that the looks are recorded into the Main stations with the remote stations controlling some, or all, of the levels.
A common “doorbell” transformer can be used as a power source for the Preset 8 Architectural version. The Doug Fleenor Design model XFMR can be used to power up to four Preset 8 stations. The Preset 8 Portable and Desktop versions comes with a built-in power supply.
Doug Fleenor Design Preset 8 Features
- Lighting control station that stores eight preset looks
- Preset 8 can operate alone or in conjunction with another console
- Solid aluminum faceplate fits a North American three gang electrical box
- Connections to Preset 8 are power (2 wires) and DMX512 (3 wires)
- Power can be supplied from a variety of sources, including a 10V class 2 "doorbell" transformer
- A second DMX512 connection (3 wires) is provided for use in DMX-Merge applications.
- Preset 8's sliders feature recessed actuators to prevent physical damage
- Preset 8 DMX Controller1
- Limited Manufacturer Warranty1
- Primary Connector
- Phoenix Contact MSTB series 5 position two part terminal block
- Model: MSTB 2,5/5-ST-5,08 Order Number: 17 57 04 8
- Secondary Connector
- Phoenix Contact MSTB series 3 position two part terminal block
- Model: MSTB 2,5/3-ST-5,08 Order Number: 17 57 02 2
- Connector pin outs
- 1: DMX512 common
- 2: DMX512 data -
- 3: DMX512 data +
- 4: Supply common (tied to pin1)
- 5: Supply “hot”
- Input/Output circuits ESD protected EIA-485 transceiver (LT1785)
- IndicatorsOne red signal LED (Also indicates “locked-out” when in back-off mode)
- User controls
- Eight 45mm sliders. Sliders are recessed in machined finger guides to prevent damage.
- One recessed record push button
- Option jumpers
- Master / Remote selection
- Back-off / Merge selection
- Power input
- 10 to 24 volts AC or DC, 100mA per station
- (A 10 volt class 2 “doorbell” transformer is recommended for fixed installations)
- ColorBlack anodized with no nomenclature. Custom nomenclature available on request.
- SizeFaceplate (HxDxW): 4.5×0.2×6.5", depth behind faceplate: 2.5", overall depth: 2.7"