The CBT 50LA-1, with Constant Beamwidth Technology™, represents a breakthrough in pattern control, utilizing analog delay beamforming and amplitude tapering to accomplish consistent vertical coverage without the narrow vertical beaming and out-of-coverage lobing that are typical of straight form-factor passive column speakers.
The slim, compact design fits well into virtually any architectural decor. The combination of superb sound quality, excellent pattern control, and compact (53 cm [20.8 in] tall by 10 cm [3.9 in] wide) design makes CBT 50LA-1 ideal for a wide variety of applications, such as retail stores, concourses, transit spaces, fill applications, conference rooms, architectural spaces, audio for video, lecture halls, and other applications where such a combination is desired.
JBL CBT 50LA-1 Features
- Patent-pending Constant Beamwidth Technology™ provides constant directivity up to the highest frequencies and reduces out-of-coverage lobing
- Switchable voicing provides flat response in music mode or mid-range presence peak in speech mode
- Dynamic SonicGuard™ overload protection
- Built-in 70V/100V transformer, plus 8 ohm direct capability
- CBT 50LA-1 Line Array Column Speaker1
- Swivel (pan) / tilt wall bracket1
- Drivers Eight 50 mm(2 in) Full-Range
- Frequency Range (-10dB) 80 Hz – 20 kHz
- Coverage Angle
- Vertical 20° (1.5 kHz - 16 kHz, ±10°)
- Horizontal 150° (ave, 1 kHz – 4 kHz, ±20°)
- Sensitivity 93 dB (speech mode, 2 kHz - 14 kHz)89 dB (music mode, 300 Hz - 18 kHz)
- Impedance 8 ohms
- Power Rating
- 150W (600W peak), 2 hrs
- 100 W (400W peak), 100 hrs
- Maximum SPL (1m)
- Speech mode: 115 dB cont ave (121 peak)
- Music mode: 111 dB cont ave (117 peak)
- Transformer Taps 60W, 30W, 15W, (7.5W at 70V only), and 8Ω thru, via switch
- Enclosure Fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet, painted aluminum grille
- Outdoor Capability IP-55 rated, per IEC529, when installed with optional MTC-PC2 panel cover. UV, moisture and 200-hr ASTM G85 acid-air/salt-spray resistant.
- Color Black or White (-WH)
- Insert Points Ten M6 insert points on back panel.
- Mounting Included swivel (pan) / tilt wall bracket provides continuously variable +/-80 degree left-right swivel aiming (at no up/down tilt -- see Bracket Guide for maximum swivel range at various up/down tilt angles), continuously adjustable ±15 degree tilt, as well as 5 degree fixed increment points within the range. Ten threaded mounting points located on back panel conform to industry standard rectangular 108 x 51 mm (4.25 x 2.0 in) pattern for OmniMount® 30.0 and other compatible third-party brackets. Threaded mounting points can be utilized for suspension.
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 528 x 99 x 153 mm (20.8 x 3.9 x 6 in)
- Net Weight 4.1 kg (9 lbs)