The Beta 52A Supercardioid Dynamic Kick Drum Microphone from Shure gives you the power to punch up your sound and achieve studio-quality audio even at high sound pressure levels. This high-output mic is designed specifically to deliver a stellar low-frequency response that’s ideally shaped for kick drums, electric bass amplifiers, and other bass instruments.
Featuring a precision-modified supercardioid polar pattern, the Beta 52A enjoys a frequency range that ensures high gain-before-feedback as well as excellent rejection of unwanted noise, so you can get a stronger, clearer capture of the sound you want.
As with all Shure products, the Beta 52A is constructed with premium-quality components. A Neodymium magnet allows for enhanced signal-to-noise ratio output. A hardened steel mesh grille resists wear and abuse while touring. An advanced pneumatic shock mount system optimizes sound isolation by minimizing transmission of mechanical noises or vibrations. Additionally, the Beta 52A includes a built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with integrated XLR connector, allowing for simple setup and reliable positioning even when subjected to sharp blows and strong vibrations, so you can perform hardcore and with confidence.
Please note - Any Beta drum microphone featuring the letter 'A' following the model number contains a new capsule; as a result, you can expect a more natural high-frequency response.
The Beta 52A is great for:
- Kick drum
- Electric bass amplifiers
More about Shure Beta Microphones
For over two decades, Shure Beta Microphones have been the choice of top touring and recording professionals for capturing fine details in demanding acoustic environments. Each specialized model is precision-engineered for focused, accurate reproduction of the intended source. Recognized for their superior construction, low handling noise, and high gain-before-feedback, Beta Microphones redefine sensitivity and control for essential, expert sound reinforcement.
Shure Beta 52A Features
- Frequency response shaped specifically for kick drums and bass instruments
- Built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with integral XLR connector simplifies setup, especially inside a kick drum
- Studio quality performance, even at extremely high sound pressure levels
- Supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of unwanted noise
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio output
- Low sensitivity to varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
- Beta 52A Kick Drum Microphone1
- 26A21 Storage Bag1
- 95A2050 5/8" to 3/8" (Euro) Thread Adapter1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 10 kHz
- Output Impedance150 Ω
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage)−64 dBV/Pa (0.6 mV) (1 Pascal=94 dB SPL)
- ConnectorThree-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Weight1.35 pounds (0.605 kg)
- Case134 dB (159 dB, -25 Pad)