From acoustic instruments to high-volume performance applications, the SM137 from Shure is a versatile, flat-response cardioid condenser probe microphone made to make you sound good.
This mic features a thin diaphragm, transformerless preamplifier circuitry, a Class-A preamplifier, a pad for performance consistency, and low self-noise. It’s ideal for a wide range of uses, including capturing instrumental audio from winds, brass, and strings. It’s also a great choice for close-miking and orchestra, vocals, and even spoken word applications.
Boasting a 15dB pad, the SM137 expertly delivers natural sound reproduction with a versatile, flat response across a wide range of high SPL sources. Its ultra-thin diaphragm allows for a perfect combination of a smooth high-end and a tight, controlled low-end. Its low self-noise keeps the focus on your music, with minimal distractions.
Also included in the box with the Shure SM137 Instrument Cardioid Condenser Microphone is a swivel adapter for fast, easy setup and perfect positioning, as well as a zippered pouch for safe storage.
More about Shure SM Microphones
Designed for extraordinary performances either live on stage or for recording in the studio, Shure’s SM Microphones Series boasts a decades-long legacy that has made them the industry standard for performing artists and audio engineers. They are characterized by a unique mix of professional audio quality and rugged dependability and are designed to be virtually indestructible to meet the stringent expectations of touring and long-term use. Every member of the SM Series features custom-engineered frequency response curves, delivers enhanced gain-before-feedback, and provides better cut-through in live sound environments.
Shure SM137 Features
- Ultra-thin diaphragm for smooth high end and tight, controlled low end
- 15dB pad for performance consistency across a wider range of high SPL sources
- Low self-noise and transformerless preamplifier circuitry
- SM137 Condenser Microphone1
- Swivel Adapter1
- Zippered Pouch1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance150 Ω (actual)
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, Open circuit voltage)−41 dBV/Pa 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz, < 1% THD)
- 1000 Ω load: 139 dB (154 dB, Pad on)
- 2500 Ω load: 144 dB (159 dB, Pad on)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio75 dB (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range (at 1 kHz)
- 1000 Ω load: 122 dB
- 2500 Ω load: 128 dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz)> 50 dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20 kHz at 1% THD)
- 1000 Ω load: 3 dBV
- 2500 Ω load: 9 dBV
- THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted)19 dB
- SwitchAttenuator −15 dB
- ConnectorThree-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Power Requirements48 Vdc phantom, 5.2 mA
- Dimensions162 mm L x 24 mm
- Weight195 g