The QSC AC-S4T surface mounted speaker is part of the AcousticCoverage™ Series. The 4” two-way loudspeaker has a 70/100V transformer and is well-suited for audio/video conferencing reinforcement, voice paging, and background music applications.
Crystal clear sound through the critical vocal range increases spoken word intelligibility. This clarity is possible from a high-quality 4” polypropylene cone transducer with a butyl rubber surround. A 1” aluminum dome tweeter also helps ensure pristine sound, especially in the critical vocal range.
Get even coverage with fewer loudspeakers than other models require; the AC-S4T offers 130 degrees of conical coverage.
The UV treated high impact ABS enclosure and ported baffle assembly was optimally tuned for added musicality, which creates low frequency extension down to 52 Hz. A variable tap 16 watt low saturation and low loss 70/100V transformer on the AC-S4T is used to maintain that lowered frequency response. In addition to the variable tap transformer, an 8 ohm bypass setting is also present.
Advanced voicing filter sets using the Q-Sys™ platform further enhance performance and installation speed for an optimal result.
Various hardware is included to streamline the installation process, especially important since most common applications use multiple speakers.
Beyond the features described above, the AC-S4T speaker belongs to the AcousticCoverage™ Series. This series was designed to provide integrators with a cost-effective solution for applications where vocal reinforced coverage is the main concern. The AcousticCoverage™ Series goes above and beyond, not simply providing quality voice coverage, but also providing musicality not typically seen in BGM-class products.
QSC AC-S4T Features
- Priced individually, sold in quantities of 2
- High quality transducers provide exceptional clarity through the critical voice range
- Improved musicality often not seen in typical BGM class products
- Ported baffle for increased low frequency extension down to 70 Hz
- Low saturation 70/100V transformers with 8 ohm bypass
- 4-pole Euroblock connector eases system wiring
- Advanced voicing via QSC Intrinsic Correction™, applied using the Q-SYS™ Platform or CXD Series amplifier platforms
- AC-S4T 4-Inch Surface Mount Speaker1
- Yoke mount system1
- Euroblock connector1
- Effective frequency range1 70 Hz–20 kHz
- Rated noise power / voltage2 16 watts / 11.3 volts rms
- Broad-band sensitivity3 85 dB SPL
- Coverage angle (-6 dB) 130° conical (500 Hz–5 kHz)
- Directivity factor (Q) 6
- Directivity Index 8 dB
- Maximum continuous SPL4 97 dB
- Maximum peak SPL4 103 dB
- Rated impedance 8 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power 32 watts into 8 ohms
- Transformer taps
- 70V: 16, 8, 4, 2, 1 watts
- 100V: 16, 8, 4, 2 watts
- 8 ohm bypass
- LF transducer 114 mm (4.5-inch) Polypropylene woofer with 25 mm (1-inch) voice coil
- HF transducer 25 mm (1-inch) Aluminium dome tweeter with 25 mm (1-inch) voice coil
- Input connector type Euroblock connector with parallel output
- Enclosure material UV treated, high impact ABS polymer
- Grille material Powder coated steel
- Yoke material Powder coated steel with brass inserts
- Enclosure Details
- Ingress protection: IP-44
- Operating environment: Designed for indoor use
- Operating Temperature Range: -20 to 50° C (-4 to 122° F)
- Product Dimensions (HWD)9.1x6.3x5.9"
- Product Dimensions (HWD)230×160×150mm
- Net Weight5.3 lbs (2.4 kg)
- Shipping weight5.3 kg (11.8 lb); pair packed
- Shipping Dimensions (HWD)11.5×8.1×14.5"; pair packed
- Shipping Dimensions (HWD)292x206x368 mm; pair packed
- 1 Free-field, -10 dB from on-axis sensitivity
- 2 IEC60268-1 noise signal for 2 hours
- 3 On-Axis, free-field sensitivity, 2.83V, 1 m
- 4 Calculated from rated noise voltage and sensitivity