Take command of your sound with the VI25 Advanced USB/MIDI Keyboard Controller from Alesis. Designed to effortlessly integrate with your music software, this controller comes with a single USB connection that allows you to plug in directly to your PC or Mac for both power and MIDI functionality. You can also use it to control external MIDI modules, synthesizers, and more with the 5-pin MIDI Out. The VI25’s compact build makes it a powerful, yet portable, MIDI controller that’s ideal for the musician on the go, while also making it an easy addition to any size studio.
The VI25 USB-MIDI Keyboard controller features an intuitive layout and backlit pads and knobs for real-time visual feedback. Its 25 miniature velocity-sensitive keys are semi-weighted and feature aftertouch, for a realistic playing experience that places control of your sound at the tip of your fingers. You’ll still be able to enjoy the full melodic range using the Octave Up/Down buttons to play bass lines, chords, and melodies.
Use the 16 velocity-sensitive RGB trigger pads for launching clips or finger-drumming, while enjoying instant visual feedback. Pitch and modulation wheels offer even more expressive potential as you play. Adjust effect plugins and virtual instruments from the VI25 itself with 8 assignable knobs and 24 assignable buttons, which lets you open and close filters, adjust volume, activate effects, tweak parameters, and handle all sorts of details that will perfect your performance.
Create and perform right out of the box with VI25’s included software bundle of Ableton Live Lite 9 and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech. Ableton Live Lite 9 is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that lets you add spontaneity to your sound, whether you’re recording in the studio or playing live at a gig. Meanwhile, Xpand!2 is an advanced virtual instrument with over 2000 premium sounds, ranging from acoustic to synthetic.
The VI25 is also upgrade-ready for VIP 3.0 (sold separately), a premium software that optimizes your control over VST instruments and effects. VIP 3.0 is great for integrating hardware and software to make your workflow easier and more efficient. Whether you’re performing live or recording in a studio, VIP 3.0 gives you user-friendly, feature-packed functionality that elevates your performance and sets loose your creativity.
Alesis VI25 Features
- 25 full-sized, square-front, semi-weighted keys with aftertouch
- 16 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with illuminated RGB feedback for beat production and clip launching
- 24 assignable buttons and 8 assignable knobs interface with your music software
- Pitch and modulation wheels deliver expressive, creative control
- Seamless visual feedback via LED screen and illuminated buttons and knobs
- USB MIDI and 5-pin MIDI Out offer flexible MIDI connectivity
- USB-powered and plug-and-play support for Mac and PC
- Production software included: Ableton Live Lite and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
- VI25 MIDI Keyboard Controller1
- USB Cable1
- Ableton Live Lite (Download)1
- Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (Download)1
- User Guide1
- Safety & Warranty Manual1
- Mac: OS X 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9 (Software Requirements: OS X 10.8 or 10.9)
- PC: Windows 7 or Windows 8; Multicore Processor; 2GB RAM
- Available USB Port