This omnidirectional condense microphone is designed to work in a standard 48 V phantom power environment. It features the same MMC4041 Large Diaphragm Capsule as in the high-voltage alternative, the d:dicate 4041-S, so the mic offers the same superior sound quality, with very slight changes in the specifications. It is a part of the d:dicate Recording Microphones Series.
The diaphragm and housing are both made from stainless steel. This gives the capsule a unique immunity against ambient temperature variations. The precision-made back plate is placed in a quartz insulator for maximum electrical stability. This gives the MMC4041 Large Diaphragm Capsule a unique sensitivity of up to 90 mV/Pa.
The 4041-SP has a frequency response from 10 Hz to 20 kHz with a 4-6 dB soft boost around 8 kHz. Furthermore, the MMC4041 Large Diaphragm Capsule has extremely low self-noise of 7 dB(A) with the MMP4000-S. It also has enhanced SPL handling capability of up to 144 dB SPL before clipping occurs.
The MMC4041 Large Diaphragm Microphone Capsule can be unscrewed from the MMP4000-SP preamplifier, which allows you to exchange the preamplifier.
DPA 4041-SP Features
- Handles high sound pressure levels with no distortion
- Natural and transparent sound
- 4041-SP large diaphragm microphone1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rated Output Impedance< 200 ohms
- Sensitivity, Nominal, ±2 dB at 250 Hz70 mV/Pa; -23 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level, A-weightedMax. 8 dB(A) re. 20 µPa
- Equivalent Noise Level, ITU-R BS.468-4Max. 20 dB
- Distortion, THD < 1%123 dB SPL RMS, 126 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic Rangetyp. 118 dB
- Max. SPL, THD 10%134 dB SPL peak
- Cable Drive Capability100 m (328 ft)
- Power Supply (for full performance)Via external Power supply
- Current Consumption2.2 mA
- Connector3-pin XLR-M
- Weight6.7 oz
- Dimensions1" diameter x 6.7" length