The MM-2D-E is a compact converter that converts 2-channel mic/line input/output signals into Dante signals. With half the size of a standard 1U rack, the MM-2D-E is suitable for different Dante systems as an exquisite analog output unit. The built-in DSP mixer enables small scale systems to fully perform with a variety of input/output models the TASCAM Dante Compact Processor Series offers. MM-2D-E supports up to 96kHz/24bit and uses Euroblock connectors for analog mic/line input/output.
The MM-2D-E can either convert 2-channel mic/line input signals into 2 Dante output signals, or 2 Dante input signals into 2-channel line output signals. In addition, it also supports 4-channel Dante input/output as well, making it possible to use audio sources within an established Dante network.
The Dante Compact Processor Series has a line-up of models with different input/output specifications:
- MM-4D/IN, 4-channel mic/line input
- ML-4D/OUT, 4-channel line output
- MM-2D, 2-channel mic/line input/output
- AE-4D, AES/EBU 4-channel input/output
For analog input/output models, the branch extends with units equipped with Euroblock or XLR connectors that users can choose depending on their usage. By combining multiple different units all at once, it is possible to match and introduce them into various systems.
The Dante Compact Processor Series provide easy additional mic/line or AES/EBU input/output to several situations and places such as public facilities, broadcasting stations, recording studios, etc. where Dante systems are being used. They are the optimal input/output unit for small scale environments.
The Dante Compact Processor Series are equipped with a matrix mixer that includes a DSP feature with compressors, parametric EQs, limiter, delay, etc. functions. From the input of microphone signals to the output of powered speakers; also applicable with recording/playback systems, the Dante Compact Processor Series can build up a complete small system on their own.
Tascam MM-2D-E Features
- 2-channel mic/line input with phantom power (+48v) support
- Supports remote mic gain control
- 2 line output
- 4 Dante input/output
- Supports PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Up to 24bit/96kHz
- Includes a variety of DSP functions for optimal use in different scenes/environments (Output effects, 6 in/4 out matrix mixer)
- Supports Dante daisy chain; this allows two Dante Compact Processor models to be connected without a network switch
- Compatible with Dante Domain Manager and Dante AES67 Mode
- Flexible scene preset function allows to work in different area situations (Up to 50 presets)
- Timer event function allows to automatically switch scenes at a specified time (planned to be compatible on a future version update)
- Remote control via GPI and Dante
- Half-rack mountable size
- Equipped with indicators that show LAN/Dante connection status and sample rate
- Equipped with signal indicators that monitor line input/output signals
- Configurable reference level (via remote control only)
- Surface rack mountable angles for installation under desks included
- 2 types of user control software available for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android devices:
- For integrators: input/output routing selection, DSP/design/scene settings of the complete system, etc.
- For end-users: simple app design for only the necessary functions such as area volume settings, etc.