The podDI is a single output summing direct box. Use it to connect CD and MP3 players, computer sound card outputs, DJ mixers, etc. to professional equipment with balanced inputs such as a mixing console. Accepts stereo inputs and sums them into a single mono output.
A variable attenuator on each input allows level matching between left and right inputs. This makes the podDI a passive mixer in split track audio applications, balancing the voice track and the music track levels in the summed mono output.
Whirlwind podDI Features
- Signal is input via 3.5mm (1/8") stereo TRS jack or color coded RCA phono jacks
- An unused input can be used as a "loop through"
- Output is via a balanced male XLR jack
- Ground lift switch helps eliminate hum and buzz
- The podDI can also be used as a high quality single input
- podDI direct box1
- Attenuation (In to Out, Level controls at max)-21 dB, both channels driven; -25 dB, one channel only
- Impedance ratio (input to output)133:1
- Frequency response20Hz-20kHz +/-1dB