Durable design of this moving coil dynamic microphone provides a high-quality solution for any gooseneck application. The versatile gooseneck design of the U855QL microphone allows for flexible positioning, whether it is used in entertainment, commercial, or industrial applications. Designed for talk-back, paging, and dispatch, this dynamic microphone is ideal for business conferences, meetings, public speaking or lecturing from a podium, and more.
Get reliable performance from this mic’s tailored frequency response. Tailored frequency response and cardioid polar pattern do not pick up sound outside the mic’s 120 degree acceptance angle. That sound rejection ensures dependable focus on the voice in front of the mic, even when excessive ambient noise is present in the environment. As a dynamic microphone, the U855QL does not require phantom power. Output is low impedance balanced at 600 ohms, and the signal is displayed across Pins 2 and 3 (Pin 1 is ground). Protective screen reduces wind and popping noises when the speaker gets close to the mic.
Beyond solid sound quality, exterior design of the gooseneck microphone provides a different level of dependability. Standing 17.6 inches from the table or podium, the mic’s all-metal construction offers rugged protection while the gooseneck is still easy to adjust for quick positioning. Quick-mount design has 3-pin XLRM-type connector insert at base, allowing the microphone to plug directly into an XLRF-type panel jack or microphone cable. Low-reflectance black finish covers the housing, creating a clean look that won’t reflect bright stage lights into the audience.
Audio-Technica U855QL Features
- Designed for talk-back, paging, and dispatch use
- Extremely rugged all-metal construction
- Quick-mount design with 3-pin XLRM-type connector insert at base plugs into any standard XLRF-type surface or cable connector
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern with 120-degree acceptance angle
- Easily adjustable gooseneck
- Frequency response tailored for excellent intelligibility against excessive ambient noise
- Protective screen reduces wind and pop noise
- U855QL Cardioid Dynamic Gooseneck Microphone1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response150 Hz - 16 kHz
- Impedance600 ohms
- Open Circuit Sensitivity –53 dB (2.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Weight278 g (9.8 oz)
- Dimensions448 mm (17.64") long, 30 mm (1.18") head diameter, 19 mm (0.75") base diameter
- Output ConnectorIntegral 3-pin XLRM-type