Affectionately referred to as “The Lollipop,” the SCX25A is a professional studio condenser microphone with an elegant design and a patented capsule suspension system. Uniquely shock-mounted within an intricate machined brass ring, the capsule is completely isolated from the mic body and electronics. By successfully minimizing acoustic reflections and diffractions, the SCX25A delivers a pure, open air sound with exceptional detail and realism.
The SCX25A is consistent when responding to on and off-axis signals. This mic exhibits outstanding phase coherence and minimal proximity effect. With a wide cardioid polar pattern, the SCX25A enables the sound engineer to blend the sound of the instrument or vocal with the sound of the room. The SCX25A will handle SPLs in excess of 135 dB and provides up to 20 dB of ambient noise rejection. Supplied accessories include heavy duty snap to fit nylon clip and foam lined wood case.
With a smooth uniform frequency response from 20 Hz - 20 kHz, the SCX25A is very consistent when responding to on and off-axis signals, exhibiting excellent phase coherence and minimal proximity effect. The SCX25A has a wide cardioid polar pattern which enables the sound engineer the opportunity to blend the sound of the instrument or vocal with the sound of the room. Other features include a one-inch (25 mm) gold vapor capsule, miniaturized electronics and an extremely small footprint. The SCX25A will handle SPL in excess of 135 dB and will provide up to 20 dB of ambient noise rejection.
For a lower output option, the SCX25ALO is available with a max SPL limit of 150 dB and a sensitivity of 4.9 mV/Pa. The SCX25A is manufactured with a precision machined brass body, innovative capsule suspension system, steel mesh grill, black multi-layer class ‘A’ liquid finish and gold plated XLR connector.
MODEL VARIATIONS AND OPTIONS
- SCX25AMP – Two SCX25A microphones in a matched pair.
- SCX25APS – Piano system; Includes two SCX25A condenser microphones, two DFLEX mounts, two 20′ studio microphone cables, and an aluminum case.
The SCX25A Studio Microphone is great for:
- Acoustic instruments
- Drum overheads
- Ambient room mic
- Studio, lead, and backing vocals
- Voice over
Audix SCX25A Pair Features
- Premium large diaphragm studio microphone for studio or live sound
- Delivers pure open air sound
- Shock mounted capsule suspension system
- Designed, machined, assembled and tested in the USA
- SCX25A Condenser Microphone2
- Metal Adapter To Accommodate 3/8″ Microphone Stands2
- CASEWOOD Foam-Lined Wooden Case2
- DCLIP Microphone Clip2
- Three Year Warranty1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200 ohms
- Sensitivity28 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Equivalent Noise Level14 dB (A-weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio80 dB
- Maximum SPL≥135 dB
- Dynamic Range121 dB
- Power Requirements48-52 V phantom
- Connector3-pin XLRm
- Materials / Finish Machined Brass / Black Finish
- Weight 244 g / 8.6 oz
- Length 148 mm / 5.8 in